Author Topic: Success! America makes life worse for those without college  (Read 1832 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/05/success-america-makes-life-harder-for.html

Thanks goodness that over the last two generations we've been importing all these uneducated foreigners to compete with our own less educated fellow American citizens. Making life harder on our fellow Americans who aren't as smart as we are is the highest form of morality.

Reagan screwed the pooch by signing the 1986 amnesty bill, but he at least spoke about "rising tides lifting all boats."  Nowadays, even the supposedly 'compassionate' left pretty much says "F*** you, I'd rather hire Mexicans who won't be so uppity."

I don't think our ruling class will be happy until they have dominance similar to the Mexican ruling class does in Mexico and the rest of us are prostrate.  A strong middle class is just too inconvenient and intransigent.  Things like the recent victory by flyover country on gun rights will only make them more determined.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:58:08 PM by jamisjockey »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

zahc

• friend
Re: Success! America makes life worse for those without college
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 04:43:35 PM »
As an employee of a large fortune-500 company, i have myself marveled at how shameless proponents of the new caste system are. Jobs X require a degree of level Y; nobody questions it. Free enterprise and equality of opportunity are actually not American values anymore. Old systems of discrimination based on race, family etc have not disappeared, just been replaced. The idea of an individual being evaluated on his own merits and not as part of some group is too radical. Even the employees don't want to be free agents; they don't see themselves as sellers of their own labor but as slaves laboring under masters. Companies have policies and employees follow them, the thought of the employee having policies of his own is as foreign as the idea of getting paid based on value generated, rather than based on a lookup table of education and status in an organization.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Lee

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 07:58:18 PM »
My wife and I both work for a fortune 100 company. The money is good- but that's it.
  I don't want my daughters to be corporate types. I'd almost rather them be strippers... Although I'm encouraging other fields.  At least they would have some pride left, and feel some sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. Dilbert is real - but the pointy haired fella is likely gonna be Chinese, Indian, or Israeli - if not by nationality, then by loyalty.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »
My wife and I both work for a fortune 100 company. The money is good- but that's it.
  I don't want my daughters to be corporate types. I'd almost rather them be strippers... Although I'm encouraging other fields.  At least they would have some pride left, and feel some sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. Dilbert is real - but the pointy haired fella is likely gonna be Chinese, Indian, or Israeli - if not by nationality, then by loyalty.
I'd agree with you about Dilbert.  It amazes me how many things I see remind me of a Dilbert cartoon.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 01:02:58 PM »
I'd agree with you about Dilbert.  It amazes me how many things I see remind me of a Dilbert cartoon.

Honestly, I think the big corps use Dilbert as a model for company policy  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »

Including the "J" tie? [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »

Shortly after our new CEO (who's since moved on) began mandating worship of Six Sigma, Scott Adams began using Dilbert to mock the program . . . some of the jokes were so spot-on I'm certain someone at my employer was feeding information to the author.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 09:28:19 PM »
Shortly after our new CEO (who's since moved on) began mandating worship of Six Sigma, Scott Adams began using Dilbert to mock the program . . . some of the jokes were so spot-on I'm certain someone at my employer was feeding information to the author.

Internets a small place...