Author Topic: A little Hells Angels style civil disobedience  (Read 4754 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:37:44 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: A little Hells Angels style civil disobedience
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »
Got your vest, I take it?
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 12:50:53 PM »
More or less the key paragraph:

However, the bikers refused to pull into the roadside check area that had been set up and instead, blocked the highway, refusing direction from officers. The showdown ended when outnumbered officers were faced with no choice but to let the group pass. Houghton said police “documented the refusals” and would follow up with appropriate enforcement.

I can't tell if it's poor reporting or a good report on an incident that was so wishy washy that even the officers couldn't tell if the law was being broken.  Seems like if somebody breaks the law you give that individual a ticket, not pull over hundreds of riders and harass them.  
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 12:55:17 PM »
Got your vest, I take it?

lol, no.

I have no intention of joining any motorcycle club.  That's just advertising for trouble.

But this type of protest, I consider very classy.  HA is considered among the most lawless of gangs in the world, thought of as murderers and drug smugglers and whatnot.  This type of protest is exactly the type of thing that you might see from any well organized and respectful libertarian or voluntaryist organization anywhere in the US.  It shows that HA has the ability to join in on social protest in a constructive way.

Say what you will about the club... it's a classy method of protest.  You can't help but approve of it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »
Still trying to figure out if you're applauding the criminal element that is Hell's Angels, being a good pledge ("81") candidate, or what...

IOW, why is a huge criminal biker gang brute-forcing their way through a police barricade worthy of non-criminal APS, and as a good model for future civil disobedience?

They didn't need to shoot their way through the barricade.  They're the friggin' Hell's Angels.  They mass up, and it's a tinderbox, period.

The BC police were silly to try and set up something like that to begin with, knowing who their visitors were.

Try that with the Arizona Queasy Rider Chapter, and the results would more than likely be different.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »
Still trying to figure out if you're applauding the criminal element that is Hell's Angels, being a good pledge ("81") candidate, or what...

IOW, why is a huge criminal biker gang brute-forcing their way through a police barricade worthy of non-criminal APS, and as a good model for future civil disobedience?

I thought my post was sufficiently clear:

But this type of protest, I consider very classy.  HA is considered among the most lawless of gangs in the world, thought of as murderers and drug smugglers and whatnot.  This type of protest is exactly the type of thing that you might see from any well organized and respectful libertarian or voluntaryist organization anywhere in the US.  It shows that HA has the ability to join in on social protest in a constructive way.

Say what you will about the club... it's a classy method of protest.  You can't help but approve of it.

Clear enough, or do I need to polish the lens a little more?
--Lysander Spooner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 01:30:41 PM »
In this particular instance the bikers were in the right with their nonviolent noncompliance, and the police - who set out SPECIFICALLY to harass - were in the wrong by extablishing a "safety check" roadblock, which is a crock of utter BS.

At the risk of Godwinning this thread, I'll ask - were these agents of the government asking "Papiern, Bitte?" ;/

(This should in no way be taken as my blanket approval of a group that's earned a reputation for violent crime - it's only approval of this action at this time and place.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 02:02:34 PM »
Understood, but the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club never really had much respect for law enforcement, or laws, for that matter.

That means traffic, drug-trafficking laws, extortion, prostitution, you name it. A BC "safety check" doesn't mean squat to them.

They are the Hell's Angels - simply gather enough of them in any location, and they'll pretty much get a wide berth. 

Federal and State prosecutors tiptoe around them.  Even DHS finds other lesser snapping turtles to mess with.

If you want a role model for non-violent civil disobedience, I suppose you could use them.  Go, "81"!   ;)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
Traffic laws are mostly victimless crimes. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: A little Hells Angels style civil disobedience
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 03:33:25 PM »
bet they COULD get 1000 to walk that bridge from va to dc. just they are to smart to want to.  their real followers are into action. and in real life not just the net.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 04:59:10 PM »
They are the Hell's Angels free citizens - simply gather enough of them in any location, and they'll pretty much get a wide berth

It could work that way too.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 01:05:58 AM »
Since we're all choosing role models for civil disobedience, I'm going for MS-13.

I understand their members aren't real big on paying parking tickets.  That's non-violent resistance, right?

Cool!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 01:13:20 AM »
Since we're all choosing role models for civil disobedience, I'm going for MS-13.

I understand their members aren't real big on paying parking tickets.  That's non-violent resistance, right?

Cool!

I thought that was the elite corps of worldwide diplomats that run around NYC in their diplomatic plated Mercedes.  ;)

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 04:35:03 AM »
I thought that was the elite corps of worldwide diplomats that run around NYC in their diplomatic plated Mercedes.  ;)

bob

MS-13 probably causes fewer deaths.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 04:50:15 AM »
Cops vs. HA is classic nazi v. commie. Don't pick a winner, pray for an asteroid. The bad cops are the tyrants of our structured society relying on brute force, chicanery, and "unit cohesion" to keep us down. The HA are the same coin different side. Who exactly do you think is going to be in charge once we get our anarcho-libertarian paradise? Maybe the folks with a command structure, weapons, a corner on the underground economy, and a pre-disposition to do bad things?

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 06:30:50 AM »
But but but on Sons of Anarchy, the MC is a benign protector of the community.

Chris

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 07:50:21 AM »
But but but on Sons of Anarchy, the MC is a benign protector of the community.
From a cop I know:
"Everything I know about 'motorcycle clubs' I learned from SoA."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 01:05:59 PM »

Cool!

;/
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 01:31:39 PM »
>"Everything I know about 'motorcycle clubs' I learned from SoA."<

Which I find humorous, as many MCs hold "SoA Parties" on a weekly basis.

They get together, drink beer, watch the show, and laugh at it...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 01:49:04 PM »
I'm just going to leave this here.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”