Author Topic: sgt grisham hearing  (Read 573 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
sgt grisham hearing
« on: May 20, 2013, 04:13:03 AM »
the date for his hearing on getting dashcam footage has passed. did he get it? has anyone seen it?

never mind  interesting released with a gag  hows that work?
http://watchdogwire.com/texas/2013/05/15/judge-orders-dashcam-video-release-in-grisham-rudely-displaying-of-weapon-case/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: sgt grisham hearing
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 06:24:47 AM »
Posible exculpatory evidence is supposed to be made available to the defense as soon as it is known/discovered.  Going into court in ordr to get the evidence shows malicious intent on the part of the prosecution.

Putting a gag order on the videos can be seen as preserving the defendant's right to a fair trial because viewing the evidence might otherwise influence a jury.  Except this is a Class B misdemeanor that will be heard in front of a judge.

Once the material is entered into the case file it becomes part of a public document.  Putting a gag order on it suggests preferential treatment towards the county and the officers in order to shield them from public embarassment.  If the case tirns out as everybody is suggesting it will, there will be no shield large enough to protect them from intense and long-term public ridicule.  It's like pulling off a bandaid - do it fast and get it over with or do it slowly and suffer longer.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: sgt grisham hearing
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »
can they stall and defacto extend tge gag? if the cop screwed the pooch once they dismiss video is open.? not seen a move like this before

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I