Author Topic: Living on Light  (Read 11894 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Living on Light
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2013, 08:23:57 AM »
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021211809_experimentendsxml.html

Living on light goes only so far, as we all suspected.  She has ended her fast.

From the article: 
She says she’s quitting on Wednesday in part because she’s run out of money, and in part because of the public reaction.

What does she need money for?  She should have some money from all the food that she is not buying.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2013, 08:46:02 AM »
From the article: 
What does she need money for?  She should have some money from all the food that she is not buying.

Read further down. Apparently she maxed out all her credit cards buying the cameras, and was expecting people to donate to help defray the cost, and very few people did.  :facepalm: :rofl:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »
As for those with the vitriol, she says, “The haters, I think when people say something bad about somebody else, they’re really talking about themselves.

Sigh, stupid hippies are stupid. If you believe you can photosynthesize light into food, you are a moron. This is objective fact, not subjective opinion or projection.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2013, 08:51:38 AM »
Sigh, stupid hippies are stupid. If you believe you can photosynthesize light into food, you are a moron. This is objective fact, not subjective opinion or projection.

Please allow me to channel the hippies for a moment:

"That's just YOUR opinion!"

Excuse me, I need a bleach bath now.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2013, 09:44:56 AM »
Read further down. Apparently she maxed out all her credit cards buying the cameras, and was expecting people to donate to help defray the cost, and very few people did.  :facepalm: :rofl:

Okay...I didn't read that far down, but still my point is that she didn't buy any food for those days that she was living on light, water and tea (with a splash of milk.)
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »
"After that, there’ll be “liquidy kinds of vegetables, like spinach or zucchini sautéed in water.”

Sauteed in water?

That's called boiled, you dim bitch.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2013, 05:12:45 PM »

We could take up a collection to prolong the humor. :rofl:
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2013, 07:55:49 PM »
*sigh* a disappointing end to such a promising start.

Don't you hate when the inate human desire for survival overwelms the hippies attempts at suicide?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds