Author Topic: wallenda clanks  (Read 647 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
wallenda clanks
« on: June 23, 2013, 10:01:43 PM »
and hes no vegetarian
pretty impressive
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Azrael256

• friend
Re: wallenda clanks
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 10:06:48 PM »
Yeah, that was awesome.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 10:56:04 PM »
So I take it he didn't splat?
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

• friends
Re: Re: wallenda clanks
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 03:51:25 AM »
No splat
And he's a religious man. Something he made very visible/audible. I am sure he offended some. Made it better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:12:30 AM »
Met Karl at a Cole Brothers Circus when I was a li'l kid. He had just come down. Drenched with sweat would be a good way to describe him at that moment. Imagine doing a high wire act, no net 1-3 times a day your whole life.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:40:14 AM »
and hes no vegetarian
pretty impressive

Can someone explain, please?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 08:51:17 AM »

I don't know about the vegetarian part, but I'm guessing the rest of the thread is about:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/24/aerialist-wallenda-to-cross-gorge-near-g-canyon/?test=latestnews

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
Re: Re: Re: wallenda clanks
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 09:35:17 AM »
One of the first things he said to oldest boy was "prime rib now" life was excited about that

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 09:40:59 AM »
I don't know about the vegetarian part, but I'm guessing the rest of the thread is about:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/24/aerialist-wallenda-to-cross-gorge-near-g-canyon/?test=latestnews
Yup.
And I've been to tent revivals where Jesus was invoked less openly as well as less frequently

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 11:03:27 AM »
One of the first things he said to oldest boy was "prime rib now" life was excited about that

So now he's going to gorge on beef?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 11:40:28 AM »
So now he's going to gorge on beef?

You're walking a thin line with those puns.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 12:16:43 PM »
Speaking of gorging, he made it across that gorge, and his wife is gorgeous!
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 11:13:16 PM »
I can't remember now which Wallenda it was exactly but on Independence Day in the mid to late-90's, I and my family saw either Nik's father or one of his uncles (it may have even been Nik) walk a slack wire across the stadium at Liberty University.  As he walked, he preached a pretty good sermon, clearly without notes. :-)  Either task requires a good amount of concentration and, in this case, both were done well.

By the way, the celebration was entirely without cost, requiring only advance registration for planning.  I did make a decent donation and when I explained my personal convictions, no further solicitation was made.

Russ