Author Topic: Top Gear!  (Read 1075 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Top Gear!
« on: June 27, 2013, 04:21:20 PM »
Just a heads up to all you fanatical fans: New season starts 07/08 @ 2030 Hrs.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Top Gear!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:32:01 PM »
Yep.  DVR already programmed.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »
We are talking about the BBC version, right?

The US version was just painful to watch....  [barf]

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »

The US version was just painful to watch....  [barf]

Agreed.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 04:45:34 PM »

The US version was just painful to watch....  [barf]

Yes, on the BBC! Whenever I think of Top Gear, the US [barf] version doesn't even come to mind.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 12:30:39 AM »
Makes me wish we still had satellite TV :'(
Formerly sumpnz

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 07:27:46 AM »
Ready for it.

Truly one of the best shows on TV of any stripe.

I tried watching the US version once. I made it 10 minutes before I started weeping in rage and turned the channel.

My only hope is that the British series hosts the US series (much as they did with the Germans and Aussies in seasons past)...

And kill them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 09:20:47 AM »
Makes me wish we still had satellite TV :'(

You can catch previous episodes on Netflix.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »
If you want it even sooner, the first episode actually airs in the UK this Sunday. Torrents are usually available around 8pm est.
I prefer the UK direct show because it has the original music. They have to change it all for the version they air here. Can make a big difference in the show, especially when one of the hosts makes a reference to a song that's not playing on the version you're watching.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 11:13:04 PM »
Watched all the available episodes on da 'Flix over the last few weeks. Love that show. And I love how they get into "trouble" with various professional whiners.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 10:33:56 AM »
The one segment I want to see, I can't seem to find.  It's the one where Jeremy is testing a Mercedes that comes with a warning letter.  He reads it, in the way only he can, then deadpans a "Sounds dangerous" and immediately breaks out in a huge, cheesy grin.

Brad
-HankB

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 10:53:38 AM »
The one segment I want to see, I can't seem to find.  It's the one where Jeremy is testing a Mercedes that comes with a warning letter.  He reads it, in the way only he can, then deadpans a "Sounds dangerous" and immediately breaks out in a huge, cheesy grin.

Brad

He's brilliant! I remember that show. It was great!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:39:45 PM by Sergeant Bob »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 04:37:52 PM »
The one segment I want to see, I can't seem to find.  It's the one where Jeremy is testing a Mercedes that comes with a warning letter.  He reads it, in the way only he can, then deadpans a "Sounds dangerous" and immediately breaks out in a huge, cheesy grin.

Brad

Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black series.  I loved that review.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/back-in-black