Author Topic: Magpul floods Colorado with ammo magazines 2 days before gun laws kick in  (Read 1825 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
GLENDALE, Colo. — Two days before Colorado’s new gun-control laws take effect, Magpul Industries decided to mark the occasion by flooding the state with thousands of soon-to-be-outlawed ammunition magazines.

An estimated 5,000 gun-rights advocates lined up hours in advance Saturday to score 20,000 free and discounted 30-round ammunition magazines at “A Farewell to Arms,” billed as a “freedom festival” for those disenchanted with the state Legislature’s aggressive gun-control push.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/30/magpul-floods-colorado-ammo-magazines-2-days-gun-l/#ixzz2XkQOE4Fn
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
And they are using the proceeds from the sale of the magazines to fund pro-gun legislation and recall efforts against some of the democrats.

Magazines will be available for purchase after the first 1,500 are given away, with proceeds given to legal efforts to overturn the law that’s being spearheaded by a consortium of 55 elected Colorado sheriffs.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/27/magpul-to-give-away-1500-30-round-mags-ahead-of-colorado-ban/#ixzz2XkXWfAOE

bob

Pharmacology

• friends
It's great to see a company walk the walk, and put its money where it counts.

I am proud of them.

SADShooter

• friend
It's great to see a company walk the walk, and put its money where it counts.

I am proud of them.

And they'll get whatever business I can afford.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
And they'll get whatever business I can afford.

Do they make 1911 or Saiga mags  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
I ordered 10 in January and just got them a month or so back.  I am very glad they got my money.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Stetson

• friends
Just found out last night that my mom bought 3 of them.  She doesn't currently own a .223 or anything that the mags will work in.  She said "It's my F%^& you to the State Legislature.  You can have them if you ever get something they can be used in"

MechAg94

• friend
I don't know, but I saw an ad recently that said they were going to be selling a 40 round P-mag. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

SADShooter

• friend

IDTS, but a Saiga PMAG would be awesome. I will be buying odds and ends of AR furniture & accessories to complement my 40-odd AR PMAGS.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
They make AK mags now. Havent seen em available yet, but i want a bunch
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MechAg94

• friend
They make AK mags now. Havent seen em available yet, but i want a bunch

That might make me break down and get an AK pistol. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Well damn.  I don't own any of their mags, and I have what I consider a sufficient number of AR mags.  I'll have to see what else they make.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Well damn.  I don't own any of their mags, and I have what I consider a sufficient number of AR mags.  I'll have to see what else they make.

I've bought enough to cover for you.  All 4 of my AR-15's have magpul everything except for 1 stock.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons

They make pulls for magazines, which is their original product. Replaces the floorplate of metal AR mags to get a better grip on the mag when the mag is tucked deep into a pouch.

They also make:

AR and AK magazines. No pistol mags that I know of.
Stocks, handguards, sights, pistol grips for ARs.
Stocks, handguards for Remington 870s.
Probably some other stuff, too.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

cordex

• Administrator
[...] I have what I consider a sufficient number of AR mags.
:rofl: BWAHAHAHA! :rofl:

Sorry.  Let me guess, you got into ARs after 2004?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
They make pulls for magazines, which is their original product. Replaces the floorplate of metal AR mags to get a better grip on the mag when the mag is tucked deep into a pouch.

They also make:

AR and AK magazines. No pistol mags that I know of.
Stocks, handguards, sights, pistol grips for ARs.
Stocks, handguards for Remington 870s.
Probably some other stuff, too.

They also design mess-your-pants awesome guns they then never release (FMG/FPG & PDR), and/or farm the ones that do get made out to companies that royally screw the pooch (Masada/ACR).
I promise not to duck.