Author Topic: Egyptian protests  (Read 816 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Egyptian protests
« on: July 01, 2013, 05:53:12 PM »
Apparently several million folks took to the streets to protest the Muslim Brotherhood last night. Am I missing the national coverage of this, or is it surprisingly quiet?

Also, anyone else notice the protestors shining lasers on the MB helos the US sold them? I wonder if that's actually effective?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Egyptian protests
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:57:42 PM »
A couple dozen guys tracking a low altitude aircraft cockpit with mid-grade quality lasers?

I imagine someone could go blind from that.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 06:59:24 PM »
This article has a good picture of what it looks like from the cockpit of an aircraft.  Besides being disorienting lasers can also cause eye damage.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/september/laser_092611/laser_092611

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
I've seen a fair amount of coverage but then again my default internet news stop is BBC. I'd support the MB if they'd just blow up Bernie Ecclestone.  =D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 08:19:28 PM »
We got the story here in Ohio, probably due to the fact that a student from Kenyon College was stabbed to death during the incident.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark