Author Topic: Kicking the can down the road. Obamacare implementation delayed until 2015  (Read 974 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
and after the mid-term elections.   As Gomer would say "Surprise !! Surprise !!  Surprise !!"

If it's so *expletive deleted*ing wonderful for everyone, then why do we need to delay giving everyone Unicorns and Rainbows?   Unless it is truly going to be the trainwreck and economy killer that almost everyone with two brain cells to rub together predicts it will be.  (Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, BHO, and the usual gang of D-morons in the house obviously excluded.)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/2/obamacares-employer-mandate-put-one-year/     
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Aren't there, like, 10 people dying every day, without Obamacare? How many have to die, Mr. President?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Bobby Jindal nails it with this tweet:

You know things are bad when you can’t even successfully implement your own bad ideas.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Waitone

• friend
Delaying the employer mandate sees to it corporate money flows to the proper people, money used in campaigns.  Next up?  delaying the individual mandate since individuals vote after the corporate money has been spent.  It will be interesting to see what establishment republicans have to say.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

slingshot

• friend
I believe 2013 is when the new tax on individuals kicks in.... funding nothing.  I have serious issues with this.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
I believe 2013 is when the new tax on individuals kicks in.... funding nothing.  I have serious issues with this.
Oh sure it does. You just don't need to know what it is. Back to work or no soup for you!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.