Author Topic: Something to Brighten Up a Wednesday Morning  (Read 616 times)

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

spinr

Something to Brighten Up a Wednesday Morning
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 11:51:05 PM »
You know, I always liked Jim.  Ernest Goes To Camp was one of those guilty pleasures of mine as a young'un, and I remember religiously watching Hey Vern, It's Ernest! on Saturday mornings; good times for sure.  Even as silly, or bad, as some of his stuff may have been, it was still good for a laugh.

Smiley

Thanks for that bit of nostalgia Dionysusigma...

Wink

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 09:46:43 AM »
Hey Vern, It's Ernest!
There was a short-lived Saturday morning show that had as a character a robot who's head was a metal bucket with a big smiley face sticker on the front.  Is that the show, or was it that Ed Grimley show?

No, I was not using drugs at the time, it really happened.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

spinr

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 10:47:53 AM »
Quote from: fistful
Hey Vern, It's Ernest!
There was a short-lived Saturday morning show that had as a character a robot who's head was a metal bucket with a big smiley face sticker on the front.  Is that the show, or was it that Ed Grimley show?

No, I was not using drugs at the time, it really happened.
You mean Willie the Homemade Robot?

I couldn't find a picture or video clip of it, but I believe that's what you're thinking of.

Cheesy

Check out this clip from Hey Vern, It's Ernest![/u]: I Didn't Know It Was Loaded.  

Don't imagine you'd see anything like that on Saturday morning these days...

Smiley

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 09:48:55 PM »
*gigglesnort* cheesy

Forgot about that one... Cheesy
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams