Author Topic: Ban hammers!  (Read 976 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Ban hammers!
« on: July 29, 2013, 02:30:16 PM »
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/07/29/oakland-city-council-considering-ban-on-destructive-items-during-protests/

Yeah.  OK.

So, a blanket ban on inanimate objects is far better than defending life and property, I guess.

I can just see this going horribly wrong... some shopkeeper boarding up his windows the morning of some race-baiting agitating protest, gets arrested for having a hammer at a site of a protest.

And the police still lack the bawlz to actually stop the real criminals.

Where is this room of monkeys banging away at keyboards, making laws that you can drive 18-wheeler sized problems through them and see how their intent will be abused?  They need to be euthanized.

Oakland:  Decapitate groups that don't adhere to the NAP.  Sniper fire works wonders.  Unless you'd rather use your SWAT teams to plant evidence and murder puppies, instead of doing the hard work they're supposed to do.

Some rabble-leader extols people to burn down buildings?  The CA legal code says use of firearms to prevent arson is legitimate.  Even for a schmuck like me.  Let alone for a supercop.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Regolith

• friend
Re: Ban hammers!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 08:26:17 PM »
But if they ban hammers how will the mods wield their ban hammers to ban spammers?  :'(
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:36:47 PM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:21:15 PM »
Damnit, we were JOKING you fools.

JOKING.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 09:22:34 PM »
Why don't they ban rioting? 
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 04:51:56 AM »
Wait, wat? You want the man to use the force of state on some local anarchists? The mind boggles.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 10:55:54 AM »
Wait, wat? You want the man to use the force of state on some local anarchists? The mind boggles.

These aren't anarchists.

They're domestic terrorists.

Anarchists do not violate the Non-Aggression Principle.  Don't be the first to initiate aggression, and everything is A-OK.  The respondent/defender is then always justified.

Someone with a hammer in a crowd of protesters has not yet violated the NAP.

Someone with a torch in a crowd of protesters has not yet violated the NAP.

Someone using that hammer or torch to destroy a structure, and that action has been unprovoked by the property owner, has violated the NAP.  Apply force.  Increase force until the NAP violation is resolved.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »
. . . Someone using that hammer or torch to destroy a structure, and that action has been unprovoked by the property owner, has violated the NAP.  Apply force.  Increase force until the NAP violation is resolved.

Reminds me of a quote from the late Jeff Cooper:

Quote from: Jeff Cooper
"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure β€” and in some cases I have β€” that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain