Author Topic: Yup, went to rifle heaven today...  (Read 862 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Yup, went to rifle heaven today...
« on: July 30, 2013, 11:20:47 AM »
You know, where they are born? Wilson Arms, Branford, CT. I saw barrels full of barrels. Barrels of barrels. It was awesome. I also saw what is apparently a new, or soon to be new, Cooper Arms offering hanging on the wall. .308 semiautomatic displaying an accompanying 100 yd target with 3 shots at about .210 MOA. Hugo, the owner,  said "We guarantee that". HE also said ~ $2600 for what I was looking at. Composite camo stock. Looked kind of like a garand. "Tac" on another $1000 or so for the tactical model.  ;)

Avoid cliches like the plague!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Yup, went to rifle heaven today...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 11:45:29 AM »
"Looked kind of like a Garand" and in .308?

Was it an M14 pattern?

.210 MOA from an M14 is damned impressive.  I'd buy one for $2500.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 01:07:49 PM »
. . .  .308 semiautomatic displaying an accompanying 100 yd target with 3 shots at about .210 MOA . . .
.210 MOA? Are you SURE it wasn't .230 MOA? Did you measure it yourself with calipers or just take their word for it?

;)

Impressive for a .308 autoloader, even for only 3 shots, if they can repeat it on demand.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »
Lets put it this way, the 3 holes were just barely bigger than one hole. ;)

Maybe an M-14 pattern. I'm not real up on that. It looked similar to either of those two I'd say.
Avoid cliches like the plague!