Author Topic: Oh No! Zimmerman Strikes Again!  (Read 897 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Oh No! Zimmerman Strikes Again!
« on: July 31, 2013, 09:46:05 PM »
Speeding.

How did this even make the news? I'm assuming he's still keeping a low profile, so unless reporters were following him, the cops blabbed about what should have been a routine traffic stop.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/31/george-zimmerman-pulled-over-for-speeding-in-texas/?test=latestnews#comments
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Oh No! Zimmerman Strikes Again!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »
I wonder if he moved to Texas, probably not a bad choice.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 11:01:43 PM »
I wonder if he moved to Texas, probably not a bad choice.

Agreed...we don't take kindly to race riots here...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »

And he had a GUN!!!!11

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
Speeding.

How did this even make the news? I'm assuming he's still keeping a low profile, so unless reporters were following him, the cops blabbed about what should have been a routine traffic stop.

*shrug* Anything Zimmerman does for a while will make the news.

It's easy to chalk it up to conspiracy by the media to basically let folks know where he is so bad things can happen, but honestly, it's just "Will people read this article or look at these pictures? Yes? Print it. We don't care about the impact of what we do."
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:50:29 AM »
And he had  A GUN in his car!   :O

[racebaiter mode]Good thing the cop making the stop wasn't wearing a hoodie![/racebaiter mode]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 10:14:41 AM »
*shrug* Anything Zimmerman does for a while will make the news.

It's easy to chalk it up to conspiracy by the media to basically let folks know where he is so bad things can happen, but honestly, it's just "Will people read this article or look at these pictures? Yes? Print it. We don't care about the impact of what we do."

I didn't figure it was a media conspiracy. More along the lines of, if the media knew where he was, they would likely be following him paparazzi style. Most of them anyway. There are certainly those in the MSM that would conspire if they could.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »
Should be easy to follow him, but I would have figured he'd be in Chicago. I mean, that's where the young, black males are getting gunned down, right?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 09:59:19 PM »
Awfully nice of the media to specify the make, model, and color of his vehicle.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 10:57:55 PM »
I live in the county he was stopped in, and my wife is a county dispatcher who was on duty. The response from the police officer was about what I'd expect it to be. This county of Texas is better than most of Florida for Zimmerman, but I honestly think he'd be way better off in far west Texas, North Dakota, Idaho or Montana. Blacks in Texas are as deeply emotional about historical wrongdoings as anywhere else, and he'd be better and safer off somewhere where there isn't as much slavery/jim crow history.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"