Author Topic: Retired Marine Col onel warns of 'Domestic Army'  (Read 6490 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Retired Marine Col onel warns of 'Domestic Army'
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »
Best misspell ever!  :rofl: But yeah Morrissey is a tawt. Morsi too.

:rofl:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 10:17:04 PM »
As much as this kind of thing may be happening in the big metro areas, I don't see it happening in the rural areas, the areas where the deputies are also farmers, where the judges are elected by people who value their rights.  In the county I work in, , membership in the NRA is still viewed as a positive in an election.  And this is less than 60 miles out of Columbus, where the gun grabbing Michael Colemann holds claim tonthe mayor's office with no real challenge.

Bottom line is that much of what they may pull in the big cities ain't gonna happen so easy in mid and small sized cities, and this country is large enough that they cannot control it all real easily.  I'm not too worried.  Yet.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 10:44:45 PM »
Bottom line is that much of what they may pull in the big cities ain't gonna happen so easy in mid and small sized cities, and this country is large enough that they cannot control it all real easily.  I'm not too worried.  Yet.

If it were to come to that...once the population centers are under control the mid-size and small towns won't be too hard to take control of. There are always plenty of petty, wanna-be tyrants and sociopathic wanna-be gestapp types that can be propped up to run the show. For every would be insurgent there will be 3-4 collaborators willing to sell their soul for a few perks. One at a time and by small groups is how "they" will take out any resistance in the rural areas. If it were to come to such a nightmare I alo don't think "they" wold be too worried about political fallout from collateral damage/casualties
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 10:55:53 PM »
Very easy to hammer the "nails that stand up" with the NSA database.  That is what it was designed for.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 04:45:36 AM »
As much as this kind of thing may be happening in the big metro areas, I don't see it happening in the rural areas, the areas where the deputies are also farmers, where the judges are elected by people who value their rights.

And the hardest places to take discreetly.  You try to go door to door around here, it's slow enough that word will get out, (even assuming the sheriff and/or DA isn't the biggest news source, as both are far more conservative than average) and there will be effective resistance after the first few houses.

Hard to mine a driveway in the city, or maintain very good sniper coverage when the end of the driveway is less than 70 yards from the farthest point on the property.  A quarter mile of dirt driveway with either open fields for no cover or brush too dense to move through without a dozer on either side is a lot more defensible.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2013, 09:16:29 AM »

Very easy to hammer the "nails that stand up" with the NSA database.  That is what it was designed for.
Hard to mine a driveway in the city, or maintain very good sniper coverage when the end of the driveway is less than 70 yards from the farthest point on the property.  A quarter mile of dirt driveway with either open fields for no cover or brush too dense to move through without a dozer on either side is a lot more defensible

Its much easier to identify 'problem children' and grab them on the way to the grocery store, when they are out for a walk/jog, or on their way home from work.

Barack Obama

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2013, 09:22:10 AM »
If it were to come to that...once the population centers are under control the mid-size and small towns won't be too hard to take control of. There are always plenty of petty, wanna-be tyrants and sociopathic wanna-be gestapp types that can be propped up to run the show. For every would be insurgent there will be 3-4 collaborators willing to sell their soul for a few perks. One at a time and by small groups is how "they" will take out any resistance in the rural areas. If it were to come to such a nightmare I alo don't think "they" wold be too worried about political fallout from collateral damage/casualties

If it got that bad, anything we're talking about around here won't matter for a hill of beans, because all of those UN Concentration Camps you can read about on-line will be filled with many of us, if not the graveyards.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 09:29:12 AM »
Its much easier to identify 'problem children' and grab them on the way to the grocery store, when they are out for a walk/jog, or on their way home from work.

Yet instead of doing that they always seem to send a tactical force to the house, which "accidentally" catches on fire via tear gas.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
As much as this kind of thing may be happening in the big metro areas, I don't see it happening in the rural areas, the areas where the deputies are also farmers, where the judges are elected by people who value their rights.  In the county I work in, , membership in the NRA is still viewed as a positive in an election.  And this is less than 60 miles out of Columbus, where the gun grabbing Michael Colemann holds claim tonthe mayor's office with no real challenge.

Bottom line is that much of what they may pull in the big cities ain't gonna happen so easy in mid and small sized cities, and this country is large enough that they cannot control it all real easily.  I'm not too worried.  Yet.

I'm not so sure ... I used to think the county sheriff/deputies were okay even if mostly incompetent.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 10:03:50 AM »
The government is playing the long game.

The vast majority of liberty loving folks will be gone by attrition within a couple generations.  

By then the new concept of liberty will have completely supplanted the historic meaning of liberty and there will be nobody that will want to revolt.

Housed, fed and healthcared with 24/7 entertainment is not a cause for revolution.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »
The government is playing the long game.

The vast majority of liberty loving folks will be gone by attrition within a couple generations.  

By then the new concept of liberty will have completely supplanted the historic meaning of liberty and there will be nobody that will want to revolt.

Housed, fed and healthcared with 24/7 entertainment is not a cause for revolution.

Not with a bang but a whimper.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »
You're right, of course but French G. hasn't switched sides.  It's not his fault, he'd be on his own and hung out to dry.  But that's my point.  Short of something that creates a mass exodus of military and police to support the Constitution you'll never see any of them jump for that.  You may see the occasional police or military person who wacked out and went on a domestic terrorism spree until we were saved by the government.

I've never said it couldn't work - theoretically and militarily.  I'm just saying it will never happen and if it is ever attempted it won't work - not in our lifetimes and likely our children's lifetimes.

Wait, couldn't work or won't work?   ???  Make up your mindf!!  :facepalm:

To address the question as directly as possible, I am not claiming it's a cinch, or will be EASY.  It won't.
Most revolutions don't turn out so well.  Look how Egypt is turning out.  You have the military shooting people, some of whom aren't armed some who are, you have M.B. thugs breaking into buildings and taking over and into museums and damaging if not destroying Pharonic artifacts of priceless antquity that cannot be replaced.  There seem to be no good guys.
In America you'd be up against , first, the police and other LEO at local and state & federal level.  These guys usually you'd want to support but they would now be enforcing evil unConstitutional laws.  I think that would actually be the easy part if you could get over the idea.
The US military would be the tough problem.   They're the ones with tanks and arty and air power.  There's ways around that and there's ways of dealing with it (usually things like tank traps and running away and dispersing forces) but it would still be hell and be very very costly.
There's no guarantee of winning of course.  But would you prefer to go down without atleast a fight?  
I can't make the choice for anyone but myself.
Those who decide to fight ought to consider themselves dead because there's going to be a really good chance they will be....and if they live and if they win, well, there's some icing on a bitter cake.

Will it happen?  A separate question.
ANSWER:
I don't know.  You don't know.
I hope NOT because I want a PEACEFUL RESOLUTION.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
Until the various small groups coalesce into one larger group (as the Loyal Nine, Boston Caucus Club and others did into the Sons of Liberty), we're going to remain fractured and splintered.   If took many years and an tone deaf British government to do enough to finally piss off enough people to make them shoot back and shoot back all at the same time.   Taking the opposition down in onesies and twosies is the easier way to defeat the enemy.  All while providing the remainder bread and circuses so they keep their eye off the ball.  All you have to do is look at the Obama worship still going on despite the fact that all he's done is make everything worse.

When you buy off a large percentage of the population, you will stay in power.  They don't care as long as they are still on the gravy train.  When that ends though, look out. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2013, 10:13:45 PM »

When you buy off a large percentage of the population, you will stay in power.  They don't care as long as they are still on the gravy train.  When that ends though, look out. 

I wonder what would happen if the right/libertarians went against their normal nature and used the cloward-piven strategy to end the gravy train?

Barack Obama

Levant

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2013, 10:35:36 PM »

Wait, couldn't work or won't work?   ???  Make up your mindf!!  :facepalm:

Not couldn't work.  Not won't work.  Won't happen.  And if it does, I'm fighting on the side of the government... which ought not have anyone shaking in their boots.  But nothing in the Constitution allows an overthrow of the government so if you follow the wisdom of the Declaration of Independence that does recommend the occasional overthrow, you would have to put in a new government and a new Constitution.  And there's not a person on earth today who I trust to do that as well as what was done in 1789.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Levant

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2013, 10:37:51 PM »
I wonder what would happen if the right/libertarians went against their normal nature and used the cloward-piven strategy to end the gravy train?

The right would do it how they did it in 2007/2008 and guarantee the salaries of the wealthy criminals and forget that the poor were even in the equation.
NEOKShooter on GRM

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2013, 11:36:20 PM »
Not couldn't work.  Not won't work.  Won't happen.  And if it does, I'm fighting on the side of the government... which ought not have anyone shaking in their boots.  But nothing in the Constitution allows an overthrow of the government so if you follow the wisdom of the Declaration of Independence that does recommend the occasional overthrow, you would have to put in a new government and a new Constitution.  And there's not a person on earth today who I trust to do that as well as what was done in 1789.

I won't be shaking in my boots ... but I am perplexed by your attitude.
OTOH I am glad you think it WON'T happen.  I guess it makes choosing sides easier.  :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Levant

• friend
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2013, 11:52:48 PM »
I don't know why my attitude is perplexing.  I love my country and the Constitution upon which it is founded.  If the government is ever overthrown then it will not be the country I love, it will be some 21st century revolutionary's view of a country.  There's no way to get from the Constitution of 1789 to something begotten by revolution without throwing out what was done in 1789.  Personally, I don't think that would go well for us.

What we need to do is to require our government to follow the 1789 version.
NEOKShooter on GRM

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 12:04:39 AM »
Well, as they say, "I love my country but I don't trust my government."
If the "government" is overthrown will it be a government you respect or one you despise?
..... There's no way to get from the Constitution of 1789 to something begotten by revolution without throwing out what was done in 1789.  Personally, I don't think that would go well for us.

I have to disagree with that.  I won't arbitrarily state that a revolution will not emplace some worse, sicker or more perverted authority but OTOH one needs to keep in mind what the insurgents would be fighting for. I don't think they would try to attempt to return us to the freedoms as outlined in the Constitution without atleast using that as a template.  Even that wouldn't really be necessary; there is enough written about the document by its creators to know what they meant. We could simply readopt the original document with its original meaning....maybe even better spelled out, ie., no more debating whether the second amendment is a "collective right" or an individual right, and a solid definition of "infringed."

"I don't think that would go well for us."  Well, I would venture the guess you or a precursor might have said that as George Washington was raising his Continental Army.  It's just pure unabashed pessimism.
Of course a revolution could go sideways.
Would you prefer utter tyranny?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2013, 06:11:56 AM »
Levant is a puzzling fellow. He often contradicts himself between threads
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Levant

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 12:46:56 PM »
Levant is a puzzling fellow. He often contradicts himself between threads

How so?  Across all threads and across all forums, I have always taken this stand.  In case of armed revolution, I stand with the United States of America.
NEOKShooter on GRM

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 12:50:07 PM »
How so?  Across all threads and across all forums, I have always taken this stand. In case of armed revolution, I stand with the United States of America.

That's not a "stand," that's rationalizing a "cop-out."  :O

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2013, 12:55:41 PM »
How so?  Across all threads and across all forums, I have always taken this stand.  In case of armed revolution, I stand with the United States of America.

To constantly decry the infringement of our freedoms, the statism that is encroaching upon us, the abuses (both real and imagined by you), the militarization of the police, blah blah blah, then to say you'd stand with the gov when it finally comes crashing down is hypocritical and cowardly.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Levant

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »
Well, as they say, "I love my country but I don't trust my government."
If the "government" is overthrown will it be a government you respect or one you despise?
I have to disagree with that.  I won't arbitrarily state that a revolution will not emplace some worse, sicker or more perverted authority but OTOH one needs to keep in mind what the insurgents would be fighting for. I don't think they would try to attempt to return us to the freedoms as outlined in the Constitution without atleast using that as a template.  Even that wouldn't really be necessary; there is enough written about the document by its creators to know what they meant. We could simply readopt the original document with its original meaning....maybe even better spelled out, ie., no more debating whether the second amendment is a "collective right" or an individual right, and a solid definition of "infringed."

"I don't think that would go well for us."  Well, I would venture the guess you or a precursor might have said that as George Washington was raising his Continental Army.  It's just pure unabashed pessimism.
Of course a revolution could go sideways.
Would you prefer utter tyranny?

If they use the Constitution as a template, they still have to create a new Constitution.  If they reinstate the existing Constitution, it is a new Constitution.  Under what authority would some revolutionary group institute a new Constitution?  The existing Constitution had to be ratified by the Continental Congress and then by all of the states.  Who in the states will do the approvals?  

Constitutional conservatives and libertarians are the minority in the United States.  They would not control any new Constitution.  We would not get more protections, we would get less protections.

And how would a new Constitution do better than the existing one?  It didn't take a handful of years before Congress and even Founding Fathers began to violate the Constitution.  Now we live in a time where all three branches of government, and all levels of government from the top of the federal government to local town council impose their will on us or the will of their donors on us.  How would this not happen with a new constitution.

The solution is to vote out all of the incumbents, anybody, anywhere, and replace government with people who will uphold their oath.  Replace two or three generations straight until those elected understand that it is we, the people, for whom they work and not they, the lobbyist.  I've heard it said, even on these forums, by supposed conservatives that hate the work Congress is doing that they agree Congress should be thrown out but that they aren't willing to vote against their 20+ year congressperson because of the pork they get good they do their district based on their seniority.

If you want changed government, then change government.  Don't overthrow it. 

To constantly decry the infringement of our freedoms, the statism that is encroaching upon us, the abuses (both real and imagined by you), the militarization of the police, blah blah blah, then to say you'd stand with the gov when it finally comes crashing down is hypocritical and cowardly.

Seriously?  Hypocritical and cowardly?  Don't you think that's a bit over the top?  You still get to vote.  How many doors did you knock on in the last presidential election?  How many doors did you knock on in the last city council or mayor election?  In the nearby town (I live in the county) mayor election last time I was against one candidate and for another.  I knocked on doors, spoke to everyone I could, donated the maximum cash to the candidate I supported.  What did you do?

The hypocritical and cowardly thing is to whine on the Internet and talk about revolution when we haven't done a thing to change even our local government.  We prefer to spend our time watching ESPN.

I do decry the things government does wrong.  I dislike what they do as much or more than anyone I know - probably more than you or most here.  I've posted often that anything the government does outside of the authority of the Constitution is done by them as people and not government.  It is not possible for the government to operate outside of the Constitution.  I would love to see those people held accountable for what they have done.  Put in a Congress that will impeach the courts and the president.  High crimes or treason.  Lying to Congress is a high crime.  Violating the rights of others under color of law is a high crime. selling or giving arms to our enemies in time of war, in Mexico or Egypt or Syria, is a high crime.

There is plenty of authority and power already to change the government within the Constitution.  As long as you have a vote and can support a candidate then you can change government if you truly wish.  When those who are in our government throw declare that the Constitution no longer governs us, or they eliminate the vote or the ability to campaign for a candidate and it is upheld by the Supreme Court then the power is within us.  When those things change, and government has abdicated, then, and only then, would I support creating a new government instituting our existing Constitution.  Whether I would support any other proposed constitution would depend on what it is when I see it.
NEOKShooter on GRM

Levant

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2013, 01:27:38 PM »
That's not a "stand," that's rationalizing a "cop-out."  :O

No, the copout is to talk about revolution and do nothing - nothing to change things within the Constitution and nothing about starting a revolution.  Nothing except whine.  That's a copout.

I didn't copout.  I said I would take up my arms against a revolution not whine about a revolution.  That's a stand.  Hopefully I never have to prove my commitment to my stand.
NEOKShooter on GRM