Author Topic: Maryland Delegate Don Dwyer arrested for DWI  (Read 1096 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Maryland Delegate Don Dwyer arrested for DWI
« on: August 21, 2013, 05:00:15 AM »
and it gets better...

Delegate Don Dwyer was arrested early Tuesday and charged with driving under the influence, according to an Anne Arundel County police report.

According to the report, an Anne Arundel County police officer, who was transporting a prisoner, saw the driver of a gray 2001 Cadillac sedan driving erratically and traveling at 70 mph in a 55 mph zone in the area of Route 100 east at Edwin Raynor Boulevard in Pasadena around 12:40 a.m. Tuesday.

The officer stopped the car and noticed a strong odor of alcohol coming from the driver, who was identified as Dwyer, according to the report. Dwyer also identified himself to the officer as a representative from the House of Delegates and said he had two beers earlier in the evening from a tavern in Baltimore City, according to the report.

Charging documents noted Dwyer's eyes were red and glossy, his speech slow and slurred and his face was flushed.

A second officer who arrived at the scene took over, and after noticing Dwyer's condition, the officer conducted as many as three sobriety tests, which Dwyer failed, police said. He was taken in to custody and he refused to submit to a breath test at the police station, according to the police report.

The police report said Dwyer's car registration was expired and suspended for emissions.

Dwyer was charged with driving while impaired and 14 other traffic violations.

"This was a very serious situation," Anne Arundel County police spokesman Justin Mulcahy said. "This was a vehicle that was potentially putting people's lives in danger out on the roadway. Thankfully, these officers got that vehicle stopped."

Dwyer is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 25 in connection with a boat crash in August 2012 on the Magothy River that injured several people, including himself.

Back then, Dwyer said he entered a treatment program: "I've been honest and forthright in not only admitting I was drinking but the treatment that I put myself in."

No one answered the door at Dwyer's home. A court commissioner released him on his own recognizance, which upset some of his neighbors.

"(He) endangers himself and endangers the public. Why is the commissioner going to allow him to walk and he's free to do it again?" said Debbie Vazquez, a neighbor. "I went over to Mr. Don's house as a friend, as a neighbor. I've known him for 15 years and I'll keep it real. I observed him sitting in a chair drinking again. He doesn't get it."

According to police, Dwyer was the victim of a bizarre assault over the weekend when a neighbor threatened him with a knife, smacked him in the face, threw him in the river and ordered his bull dog, Rocky, to attack him. Dwyer was bitten and he swam under other neighbors' docks until the assailant walked away.

Police said the assailant was high on PCP and that he tried to trick Dwyer into smoking a cigarette dipped in PCP. He became enraged when Dwyer declined and repeatedly referred to Dwyer as the devil.

The House Republican Leadership released a statement, saying, "We are deeply troubled by the latest reports charging Delegate Don Dwyer with a DUI. We are grateful that the police were able to intervene before anyone was harmed. We urge Delegate Dwyer to seek treatment immediately."

http://m.wbaltv.com/news/del-don-dwyer-arrested-charged-with-dui/-/17427430/21539556/-/f9gcw7/-/index.html

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Maryland Delegate Don Dwyer arrested for DWI
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 06:15:04 AM »
Wow 
Bottom maybe

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Maryland Delegate Don Dwyer arrested for DWI
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:30:43 AM »
HOLY CRAP!!! THAT IS AN ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

...The paper didn't mention he was a Republican until the last paragraph and then only in passing!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Re: Maryland Delegate Don Dwyer arrested for DWI
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:04:21 AM »
Wow 
Bottom maybe

damn phone

I am by no means an expert, but I would say that he hasn't hit bottom yet as he is still out of jail and has a bit of time until the sentencing for his boat crash.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.