Author Topic: Syria- The Great Big Syrian Civil War thread.  (Read 75409 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Syria- The Great Big Syrian Civil War thread.
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2013, 07:49:23 AM »
Win win

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

HankB

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Syria- The Great Big Syrian Civil War thread.
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2013, 09:28:20 AM »
Well now there's a fun scenerio...
BOTH sides eliminated? Sounds like a plan!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Syria- The Great Big Syrian Civil War thread.
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2013, 10:05:28 AM »
It's pretty clear by now that we are ruled by some sort of Republocratic cabal that totally ignores the (former) citizens.

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2013, 10:15:42 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/09/03/senate-resolution-syria-strike/2760615/

Oh, great.  When "war" is just too much for the US to commit to, we get "90 day resolutions."

Anyone want to take a wager on whether such a 90 day resolution will turn into 900 days?  2900 days?

It's all the same thing, whether the Senate approves "war" or a "90 day resolution" allowing for 3 months of cruise missile strikes and aircraft sorties.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2013, 10:25:05 AM »
Scumbag McCain can't even be bothered to listen

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/obama-wins-boehner-support-syrian-military-strike-article-1.1444420

In 2006 the Senate unanimously voted to outlaw online poker. So a hypocrite as well as a warmonger.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2013, 10:42:51 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/09/03/senate-resolution-syria-strike/2760615/

Oh, great.  When "war" is just too much for the US to commit to, we get "90 day resolutions."

Anyone want to take a wager on whether such a 90 day resolution will turn into 900 days?  2900 days?

It's all the same thing, whether the Senate approves "war" or a "90 day resolution" allowing for 3 months of cruise missile strikes and aircraft sorties.

Do you suppose that those we attack and their friends will adhere to this same 90 day limit?   :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2013, 12:10:39 PM »
Today on the radio they were discussing Harry Reid's resolution, which limits the action to either 60 or 90 days.

The resultion supposedly prohibits the use of "combat troops" on the ground.

Special ops personnel are not considered "combat troops!"

Is ANYONE paying ANY attention to what thes b@$t@rd$ are doing?  :facepalm:  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2013, 12:18:47 PM »
The USSA has become a "rogue state"  =(

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2013, 01:15:32 PM »
Upon reflection, I think the conspiracy theorists are correct.  This colossal of a goat-screw HAS to be designed to diminish the influence of the U.S. on the world stage.  I'm not even kidding.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

agricola

• friend
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »
When BHO and his foreign policy goobers talk, I imagine Yackety Sax background music.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Syria- The great big Syrian civil war thread.
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2013, 04:15:39 PM »
*expletive deleted* it

Anything to accelerate  the inevitable collapse is a good thing. That's my new position

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I see it (or similar sentiments) posted a lot. Here's my question though.

Given how bad the current situation is, and how supposedly intractable it is: what in the world makes you think that what came after a collapse would be better than this? history is not exactly rife with formerly great societies collapsing in on themselves and then coming out the other side better off. If we actually do get a currency or other collapse, the result will not be Anarcho-Capitalist utopia with machine guns, hookers, and heroin for all.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2013, 04:40:28 PM »
I hope his district toss his ass out in 2014.  He is from a fairly conservative area.

Boehner represents my district.  He usually runs unopposed aside from the occasional liberal Democrat clown.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:29:07 PM by JN01 »

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2013, 04:45:27 PM »
If we actually do get a currency or other collapse, the result will not be Anarcho-Capitalist utopia with machine guns, hookers, and heroin for all.

My hope is similar to that of longeyes (where'd he get off to, anyways?).

Regionalized independence and autonomy.  If I've got to leave the Southwest because it's gonna become LaRazaChispaMechaAztlan, then so be it.  As long as I can pick somewhere that has individual liberty.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »
Upon reflection, I think the conspiracy theorists are correct.  This colossal of a goat-screw HAS to be designed to diminish the influence of the U.S. on the world stage.  I'm not even kidding.

I'd consider that a net positive.  What has playing world police ever won us?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2013, 06:00:05 PM »
My hope is similar to that of longeyes (where'd he get off to, anyways?).

Regionalized independence and autonomy.  If I've got to leave the Southwest because it's gonna become LaRazaChispaMechaAztlan, then so be it.  As long as I can pick somewhere that has individual liberty.

Yeah, history isn't on your side for that one.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »
Former USSR  ???   =|

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Syria- The great big Syrian civil war thread.
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2013, 08:03:20 PM »
If we actually do get a currency or other collapse, the result will not be Anarcho-Capitalist utopia with machine guns, hookers, and heroin for all.

Quoted for the absolute truth, despite the Farnham's Freehold fantasists want to believe.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2013, 08:21:02 PM »
Yeah, history isn't on your side for that one.

Nor was it up to 1775.  Millenia of subjugation and conquering, and we get 12 years of peace before COTUS, another 72 years until Lincoln proves Lysander Spooner true, and 150 years to bring us to today's gangster State.

Maybe we can get a reset on that 1775 decision, and take the left turn at Albequerque this time. ;)
--Lysander Spooner

brimic

• friends
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2013, 08:43:45 PM »
Nor was it up to 1775.  Millenia of subjugation and conquering, and we get 12 years of peace before COTUS, another 72 years until Lincoln proves Lysander Spooner true, and 150 years to bring us to today's gangster State.

Maybe we can get a reset on that 1775 decision, and take the left turn at Albequerque this time. ;)

Things started heading in the wrong direction long before lincoln. Actions by the first SCOTUS, Marshall specifically, eventually led up to the crap we are in today.
It only takes a few bad apples in the wrong place....
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »
Boehner represents my district.  He usually runs unopposed aside from the occasionally liberal Democrat clown.

What county do you live in?  Butler?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.