Author Topic: best campaign ad  (Read 1047 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: best campaign ad
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:12 AM »
Sounds like a decent Attorney General (at least in this case).
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:12:19 AM »
gotta give credit  the local commonwealth attorney was  dem.
the line "the job is seeking justice" is one bears remembering
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 11:16:32 AM »
Appearing alongside Cuccinelli and his attorneys at an emotional news conference following the ruling, Haynesworth said,

"It’s a blessing. There are a lot of people behind the scenes who believed in me. Twenty-seven years, I never gave up. I kept pushing. I ain’t give up hope. I am very happy. Me and my family can finally put this behind us, and I can go on with my life. And I can finally vote. … I’m just so happy. You just want your name restored. You want to prove to them that they made a mistake."[4]

Cuccinelli said,

Today marks the end of an unimaginable nightmare for Thomas Haynesworth. For 27 years in prison, he always maintained his innocence and continuously displayed tremendous dignity and grace, steadfastly believing that justice would one day be served. Today, justice was in fact served, and Thomas Haynesworth was finally granted the total freedom he so deserves. … An attorney general’s job is not convictions when it comes to law enforcement. It’s justice. Today we got justice. … I have never experienced the pure joy of today’s outcome."[4][9]

Cuccinelli also said of Haynesworth, "His composure, dignity and faithfulness are an absolute witness to me. I am an admirer here."[10]

Haynesworth continued working in Cuccinelli's office, and planned to open his own auto repair business.[1] As of December 2012, he was still working in Cuccinelli's office.[11

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 05:52:35 PM »
Wut!!!??
A prosecutor is supposed to pose in ninja gear and declare that all miscreants will serve hard time for the camera after the PD flashbangs a toddler and arrests a housewife for 'giving the swat team dirty looks even though they showed up at the wrong address.' Prosecutors do not set convicted rapists (or people innocent of rape for that matter who were probably guilty of something anyway) free.
What have you done with CSD???????
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 08:54:44 PM »
Like everything else in life, there are good prosecutors and bad ones.  You rarely hear about the good ones, while the bad ones make the news, all too often.

And, I nevernwore ninja gear.  I preferred tacticool assault gear.   ;)
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »
Like everything else in life, there are good prosecutors and bad ones.  You rarely hear about the good ones, while the bad ones make the news, all too often.

And, I nevernwore ninja gear.  I preferred tacticool assault gear.   ;)

How would we even know if you wore ninja gear?  ??? ???  =D
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 09:43:33 PM »
How would we even know if you wore ninja gear?  ??? ???  =D

http://youtu.be/NGsbCcoSegI

(only with judge's robes...)

Brad
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:48:26 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 07:40:44 AM »
Cuccineli is not just a flash in the pan on the issue.

http://www.ag.virginia.gov/Media%20and%20News%20Releases/News_Releases/Cuccinelli/011713_Writ_%20of_Actual_Innocence.html

Once again, Cuccinelli supported this legislation, which passed and created the legal procedure that vindicated Thomas Haynesworth. The attorney general also supported the exonerations of Calvin Cunningham and Bennett Barbour, who won biological writs of innocence in the Supreme Court.

Under present Virginia law you have 21 days to appeal and bring up anything that was not presented during your trial.  New technology comes out that proves well beyond that shadow of doubt that you are not guilty?  Too bad.  Accuser not only fesses up that they made up the whole thing just to "get even" with you but provides Mother Teresa and both the former and current Popes as witnesses saying they heard you plotting to do so and then gloating about having done so?  Too bad.  That misfiled jail record that proved you were locked up in another state when the crime was committed?  Too bad.

The situation is you either go for a Writ of Actual Innocence (a difficult standard to meet) or you agree that you were guilty and ask the governor for a full and unconditional pardon - which usually requires you to show rehabilitation and improvement in the community after your release to convince the State to forgive you.  If you go for the Writ, it is a one-time deal, while petitioning for a pardon can be done repeatedly.

Cuccinelli loses a lot of erstwhile supporters because

Attorney General Cuccinelli also strongly supports efforts to streamline the process of restoring civil rights for those who have been convicted of certain non-violent felonies and have served their sentences and paid their debts to society.  He supports efforts to bring these people who are not threats to society fully back into it with an automatic restoration of rights process.

That's a very hot potato in Virginia politics.  He would have a lot easier time if he went with the current judicial processs for restoring firearms rights and left restoring all other civil rights to the governor via the pardon process.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.