Author Topic: World's Largest Cave  (Read 1031 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
World's Largest Cave
« on: September 12, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
I thought this was cool. Not discovered until 1991 and not explored until 2009. Just goes to show there is still some neat big stuff to discover on the planet. Very "Journey to the Center of the Earth"-like.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/07/son-doong_n_3873341.html#slide=more313148
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: World's Largest Cave
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 04:58:36 PM »
Gollum doesn't like to be disturbed. ;)
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 12:24:02 AM »
Gollum doesn't like to be disturbed. ;)

Yes we does, preciousssssss.

Nice, tasty humanses. Eyeses don't see in the dark.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 03:48:01 AM »
Watched a National Geo on it tonight on youtube, very interesting.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:07:19 AM by Gowen »
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 04:32:54 AM »
Can't hardly figure that the VC never knew about this place ...  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 09:41:37 AM »

Too bad it's in Vietnam.   =|
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 02:11:20 PM »
I'd love to see this place. Now someplace like Krubera scares the crap out of me. No thanks, someone else can get stuck in a crevice 2,000 meters underground.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 06:22:08 PM »
I remember hearing about this before. It would be pretty cool to go through.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 12:36:56 AM »
I thought this was cool. Not discovered until 1991 and not explored until 2009. Just goes to show there is still some neat big stuff to discover on the planet. Very "Journey to the Center of the Earth"-like.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/07/son-doong_n_3873341.html#slide=more313148

I'd pay extra money to have someone in a Predator costume  chase the tourists around