Author Topic: AnCap Detroit  (Read 1137 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
AnCap Detroit
« on: September 19, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »
There's lots of talk in the Libertarian Anarcho-Capitalist society about the possibility of resurrecting urban shytholes like Detroit as AnCap models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-NMHArXwjHM

Detroit's response to the beginning of this movement is "Operation Compliance."  Spending more time trying to arrest/prosecute new business owners, than fixing the property theft or violence related crime.  They make it impossible to accomplish all the regulatory hurdles to start or operate a business, then they put you out of business when you try to operate a business anyways.

Ultimately, I think Operation Compliance will fail or become about as much of a deterrent to new business as a jay-walking ticket is today.  And Detroit has no choice but to become an AnCap experiment.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: AnCap Detroit
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »
And Detroit has no choice but to become an AnCap experiment.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.....

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

Wait....

HAHAHAHHAhAHAHhAHAHHAHAH

Okay, sorry, whew, let me catch my breath here.   Detroit is democrat shithhole, run by democrats and filled with democrats.  And you think that suddenly they are going to to see the light and the error of their ways and embrace Hayak and Mises as their lords and saviors ??  Seriously?!?!?!  Dude this was all done to them by The Man, Republicans, Bush, Romney, Big Bidness, The Japanese, The Chinese, Damn Southerners, and anyone and everyone else but themselves.

IT WILL NOT CHANGE.  And it sure as hell won't be and ANCAP experiment unless all the people currently living there are moved out and replaced by a whole bunch of ANCAPers.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:23:35 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »
Going after "traditional" criminals allows too few opportunities for graft.  Thus, the PTB turn on the middle & entrepreneurial classes.

And then keep at it. 

AZR, were your prediction likely to come true, we would have seen an ancap flower growing in Zimbabwe. 

Wishful thinking.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 09:05:25 AM »
. . .  Dude this was all done to them by The Man, Republicans, Bush, Romney, Big Bidness, The Japanese, The Chinese, Damn Southerners, and anyone and everyone else but themselves . . .
Don't forget Israel and the Jooz.  :facepalm:

If committed Democrats were tasked with putting out a fire, half of them would try pouring gasoline on the blaze - it's gotten to the point where you can accurately predict what a Democrat will do in a hypothetical situation by simply asking yourself one question: "What would be the WORST POSSIBLE response to this?"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 09:38:19 AM »

There is a reason why Detroit slid into the gutter. Corruption, draft, incompetence, greed, etc.

Until those reasons leave, Detroit will continue being Detroit.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.