Author Topic: Ohio State University Police get armored MRAP  (Read 7988 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Ohio State University Police get armored MRAP
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 10:01:12 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re:
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 01:44:29 PM »
Might come in handy during a blizzard and having the rescue idiots on the highways. Well the non armored ones anyways.

Yup.

They would get more use in my driveway.

Especially the armored one!

That would be a great kiss-my-ass weekend cruiser.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 10:20:01 PM »
Talked to a Columbus cop I know who wprks closely with OSU PD, especially during football season.  They plan to removebthe turrwt, paint it in Ohio State colors, and parade it around the tailgate areas.  They might strip off a good bit of armor to reduce weight.  Bottom line, it was free, and it is cool.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 10:24:39 PM »
Talked to a Columbus cop I know who wprks closely with OSU PD, especially during football season.  They plan to removebthe turrwt, paint it in Ohio State colors, and parade it around the tailgate areas.  They might strip off a good bit of armor to reduce weight.  Bottom line, it was free, and it is cool.

That so doesn't feed into the paranoia of APS. Don't worry someone will come along and chastise you as a heretic.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 11:52:29 PM »

Sure, that's what they WANT you to believe ;)
"It's good, though..."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 09:22:12 PM »
Just read today that Coffeyville, Kansas picked up a Cayman MRAP.  Better choice than the MaxxPro Plus the Dallas County picked up but still  [popcorn].
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 01:00:08 AM »
Well, they might have to close the border or a riot at the sale barn is always a possibility.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »
The only reason I go to Coffeyville is because it is on the way to KC.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!