Author Topic: IT People: cheaper option for VMWare Certified Professional cert.  (Read 671 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
IT People: cheaper option for VMWare Certified Professional cert.
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »
So, if you are into virtualization like I am, you're probably frustrated by the fact that VMWare doesn't give the VCP to people for the test alone. You have to take their class as well, and it's super expensive (3500 bucks at most places)

And, because most of them aren't given by colleges, employer tuition assistance often doesn't cover it.

Of course, there are VMWare approved courses at colleges all over the place, but the bummer there is that  most of us working IT folk don't have the time to take a real class at a college. They ARE way cheaper, however.

Stanly community college offers a self-paced online program that's only a few hundred bucks. Problem with that is, because of the cost, their wait list is long. 6 months or more.

UC Santa Clara's "silicon valley" extension has it as well. 1200 bucks, and my employer TA covers it. Self paced, video lectures. Three months long.

Just a heads up.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog