Author Topic: Funny Laws  (Read 742 times)

Art Eatman

• friend
Funny Laws
« on: August 28, 2006, 04:15:19 PM »
From LRC.com.  The guy started out fomenting about Oregon's law against pumping your own gas, and then posted some, er, "oddities", that's it, oddities. Smiley

http://www.lewrockwell.com/englund/englund33.html

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Nightfall

• friend
Funny Laws
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 05:16:49 PM »
My favorite:
Chico, California  detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
However, this one-
Arizona  when being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person possesses.
-seems cause for genuine interest.
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Antibubba

• friend
Funny Laws
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 06:50:30 PM »
Nightfall,

But what if the attack is Rape???
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Funny Laws
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 07:20:17 PM »
Perhaps the law has since been repealed, but a few decades ago Illinois still required that the driver of a motorized vehicle, when approached by horses, pull the vehicle off the road and turn off the motor.

Nightfall

• friend
Funny Laws
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 08:28:44 PM »
Quote from: Antibubba
Nightfall,

But what if the attack is Rape???
I guess she'll just have to tear it off and beat him to death with it!
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Funny Laws
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 09:43:59 PM »
guess she'll just have to tear it off and beat him to death with it!
Naaaaa... A few year ago I dated a woman who had a piece of art that symbolized male fecundity that was crafted from solid granite.  Rather large and heavy, it would have made a dandy bludgeon.

Alaska – it is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
Even if the moose is found to be a stowaway on the aircraft?  What if the moose has paid for sky diving lessons?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Funny Laws
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 01:43:45 AM »
Funny Sind, that reminds me of the 16" native American stone phallus found recently in an old cornfield. The general consesus is that none of us would have wanted to run into the Indian it was modeled after! shocked
Avoid cliches like the plague!