Author Topic: he did not sugar coat it  (Read 882 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: he did not sugar coat it
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 10:07:14 PM »
Wow! Someone at PMSNBC (or any news show) really gets it.

He isn't pulling any punches.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 12:26:20 AM »
That's from like two or three years ago when they did a go around about the debt ceiling.  (I think the one that gave us the Sequester).
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 08:18:05 AM »
I can't speak as coherently when I'm fired up.  He's ALMOST correct, right up until he reveals his statist orientation.

"Get the money out of politics!!!"  Yeah, right. ;/

That'll not happen until we get the politicians out of directing the economy.  When buying and selling are governed by legislation, the first thing that gets bought is the legislators.  That's a fundamental law, about as reliable as gravity. As long as .gov has the ability to privatize profit and socialize risk, as long as they establish the tax policy to create favors for contributors, as long as they can pick winners and losers, there will be big, HUGE money in politics.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »
I can't speak as coherently when I'm fired up.  He's ALMOST correct, right up until he reveals his statist orientation.

"Get the money out of politics!!!"  Yeah, right. ;/

That'll not happen until we get the politicians out of directing the economy.  When buying and selling are governed by legislation, the first thing that gets bought is the legislators.  That's a fundamental law, about as reliable as gravity. As long as .gov has the ability to privatize profit and socialize risk, as long as they establish the tax policy to create favors for contributors, as long as they can pick winners and losers, there will be big, HUGE money in politics.

Yes, and it's definitely one of those "the cure is worse than the disease" sort of scenarios.

If we well and truly did get "the money out of politics", then the politicians would only be beholden to themselves, or the state.

As flawed as it is, at least with contributions and lobbying, there's an ecosystem of sorts, compriesed of competing interests from which the people can sometimes extract crumbs of freedom.
I promise not to duck.