Author Topic: Saudi relations falling apart  (Read 700 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Saudi relations falling apart
« on: October 24, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/10/23/the-u-s-saudi-crackup-hits-a-dramatic-tipping-point/

I don't really understand why the Saudis would refuse to accept their turn at the UN Security Council... and I find it odd that Russia and the Saudis still have a decent relationship despite Putin's backing of Assad in Syria and the Saudis wanting the US to back the rebels.

Frankly, I'm just as happy with the Saudis angry at us.  Or at least, indifferent to us.  Let's get the air bases out of their country and leave them to their own business.  They want the rebels to win, they can send their own military assets and sons to fight in Syria.

I personally think they thrive in a world full of orchestrated conflict... conflict requires movement, which dictates high petroleum consumption.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brimic

• friends
Re: Saudi relations falling apart
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:22:28 AM »
I see this as a win-win.
Its another shining example of obamafail.
Its a chance to distance ourselves from some really scummy people.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama