Author Topic: It's offical MSM hates corn based fuel ethanol.  (Read 5149 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
It's offical MSM hates corn based fuel ethanol.
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/why-everybody-hates-ethanol-mandate-060400105.html

The environmental mandate that made the environment worse! Queue Nelson.

Looks like the EPA might reduce the required amount of ethanol that needs to be produced. I just hope this isn't the late 1970's all over again where a lot of ethanol plants were shuttered due to cheaper fossil fuel prices.

Please no farmers are welfare queens analogies.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: It's offical MSM hates corn based fuel ethanol.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »
Coulda sworn I posted sumting bout this yesterday.  =D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »

Spoilsport.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: It's offical MSM hates corn based fuel ethanol.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:02:36 AM »

Dang farmers plowing their fields and popping out a bunch of bushels to stay on the government dole.

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »
I will be interested as to just how much evidence will be necessary against Ethanol before public sentiment outweighs the lobbying by the Ethanol industry.

My guess is we aren't there yet.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 11:36:13 AM »
you should see the Clearfield PA ethanol plant boondogle

the first company went bankrupt so the second one bought it at 20 cents on the dollar

the second company is prolly cronies of the first and the taxpayers take the hit
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »
http://www.pagrain.com/en/photo-gallery

http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/blog/energy/2012/07/in-clearfield-ethanol-plant-gets-new.html?page=all
"This plant may make money because it was purchased by its present owners at a very small portion of its original costs," Dunn said. "Maybe because they don't have any capital costs, they will be OK. But right now, even if the plant it had been free, the margins are awfully tight." A lot of that is due to the drought.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 11:38:37 AM »

Uranus is a gas giant.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »
http://ethanolproducer.com/articles/8740/bionol-plant-purchased-for-9-35-million-at-auction

Nearly one year after it went into hot idle, the sale of the ethanol plant in Clearfield, Pa., has been approved in U.S. Bankruptcy Court. Pennsylvania Grain Processing LLC, affiliate of Zeeland Farm Services Inc., bid $9.35 million for Bionol Clearfield LLC, a 110 MMgy $270 million ethanol plant that began operations in early 2010. “The closing is expected May 8,” said Alfred Giuliano, the bankruptcy trustee.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 12:45:16 PM »
Coulda sworn I posted sumting bout this yesterday.  =D

I feel kinda left out that I didn't get a ride on that particular hobby horse.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 12:48:43 PM »
http://www.pagrain.com/en/photo-gallery

http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/blog/energy/2012/07/in-clearfield-ethanol-plant-gets-new.html?page=all
"This plant may make money because it was purchased by its present owners at a very small portion of its original costs," Dunn said. "Maybe because they don't have any capital costs, they will be OK. But right now, even if the plant it had been free, the margins are awfully tight." A lot of that is due to the drought.

What drought?  There's a record corn crop this year and corn prices are plummeting.  Farmers are complaining that the price doesn't cover the cost of production.

On a slightly-related tangent, I've been wondering why they don't plant more grain sorghum ("milo") in drought-prone areas instead of always growing corn.  The yield in a good year is only slightly better with corn, and in a less-than-optimal year sorghum kicks butt.  Well, I read yesterday the reason is sorghum will survive a drought and produce a harvest no matter what.  Corn gives up and dies quickly and the farmer can collect on his crop insurance.
"It's good, though..."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 01:36:43 PM »
What drought?  There's a record corn crop this year and corn prices are plummeting.  Farmers are complaining that the price doesn't cover the cost of production.

On a slightly-related tangent, I've been wondering why they don't plant more grain sorghum ("milo") in drought-prone areas instead of always growing corn.  The yield in a good year is only slightly better with corn, and in a less-than-optimal year sorghum kicks butt.  Well, I read yesterday the reason is sorghum will survive a drought and produce a harvest no matter what.  Corn gives up and dies quickly and the farmer can collect on his crop insurance.

I'm not sure if the farmers are aware, but there's an amazing new service that allows for better planning. It's called a "Futures Market". They should really look into that, it helps mitigate the inherent risk in production.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 02:15:13 PM »
I'm not sure if the farmers are aware, but there's an amazing new service that allows for better planning. It's called a "Futures Market". They should really look into that, it helps mitigate the inherent risk in production.

Look here city boy, anyone who says anything negative about farmers receiving tens of billions in taxpayer dollars is obviously just weak and sissified.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 02:23:22 PM »

Who sets the price of the corn that the farmers grow?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 02:34:44 PM »
Dang farmers plowing their fields and popping out a bunch of bushels to stay on the government dole.

...or being on the dole in exchange for not popping out a bunch of bushels.

Ethanol production isn't going anywhere until the politicians principal investors get their money out of the industry.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »
Legislative ethanol mandates and subsidies are not based on science or environmental concerns, they're simply a payoff for targeted campaign contributions (and perhaps other considerations) by ethanol producers.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
Who sets the price of the corn that the farmers grow?
One of many players
http://www.cboe.com

Uranus is a gas giant.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 03:51:45 PM »
...or being on the dole in exchange for not popping out a bunch of bushels.

Ethanol production isn't going anywhere until the politicians principal investors get their money out of the industry.

Legislative ethanol mandates and subsidies are not based on science or environmental concerns, they're simply a payoff for targeted campaign contributions (and perhaps other considerations) by ethanol producers.

You're both obviously just weak little city boys who just can't handle the awesome manliness of farmers. We should be giving them tens of billions in tax payer dollars just for gracing the earth with their presence, you pussies. Go get your hands dirty birthing some cows then come talk to me about free market economics. Everyone knows a centrally planned economy is all that's keeping us from starving to death, but only when it comes to farmers. It's bad everywhere else.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »
You're both obviously just weak little city boys who just can't handle the awesome manliness of farmers. We should be giving them tens of billions in tax payer dollars just for gracing the earth with their presence, you pussies. Go get your hands dirty birthing some cows then come talk to me about free market economics. Everyone knows a centrally planned economy is all that's keeping us from starving to death, but only when it comes to farmers. It's bad everywhere else.

Dude, knock it off. Because someone gives you a little butt hurt you don't have to act like a whiney little 4 year old.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »
I'm going to be charitable and assume you issued a similar if private warning to the people on your side who's behaviour sparked my sarcasm. Right? Cause mods don't publicly insult and admonish just the folks who disagree with them, right?

That said, it's Oleg's house, his mods, and his rules. I'll leave ya'll to it.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 05:27:51 PM »
In that same charitable spirit

http://www.foodfirst.org/backgrounders/subsidies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »
Let's put this one to bed.
Andy