Author Topic: Russian Subways Accept Squat(s) for Payment  (Read 903 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Russian Subways Accept Squat(s) for Payment
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:37:07 PM »
I thought this was actually a pretty neat idea. Better than anything Bloomberg ever came up with.

http://mashable.com/2013/11/12/russian-subway-squats/#:eyJzIjoiZiIsImkiOiJfNW16d3B4eml4bzV4em9kdDV1aW5rYl8ifQ
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Russian Subways Accept Squat(s) for Payment
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 11:45:21 PM »
Does she ride the subway enough to be in shape by the Olympics?

And for the record, my back and legs and lungs qualify me for the Paralyzed Olympics - my event is the biathalon (creaking and groaning).

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 04:09:37 AM »
And doing the kazatzka dance will get you free air fare to anywhere.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEYiioT-fjo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMT-2pcNJ5w

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »
And doing the kazatzka dance will get you free air fare to anywhere.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEYiioT-fjo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMT-2pcNJ5w

Haha!! They should have made that the requirement. That would have been awesome!  :lol:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 03:20:57 PM »
I thought this was actually a pretty neat idea. Better than anything Bloomberg ever came up with.

http://mashable.com/2013/11/12/russian-subway-squats/#:eyJzIjoiZiIsImkiOiJfNW16d3B4eml4bzV4em9kdDV1aW5rYl8ifQ

:O
They show a guy doing one legged squats- pretty badass.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 03:39:13 PM »
Somewhere in the deep, dark, Eastern European half of my mongrelly ancestry --half Russian, half Polish, half German, and half French, there are Cossack/Ukranian roots.  

And somewhere in my boxes of old family photographs there is a picture of one of my ancestors in full Cossack regalia.

I remember at one of the great family gatherings --a wedding, a baptism, whatever, one of my Uncles doing the Kazatzka, with everyone clapping and whistling  short blasts,  "Wheet! Wheet Wheet," in time with the music.

That really impressed me --it's like a Youtube in my head --and my father told me about our East European ancestry.   Later, I tried to imitate that vigorous dance of my uncle's, with little success.

Maybe that's why my knees are shot now, 70-ish years later.

So that deep-knee-bend video of the OP tickled that memory of the Kazatzka dance and my somewhat diluted Cossack roots, and in a poorly-written article from Wiki on the Cossacks, I found:

The expansionist ambitions of the [Russian] empire relied on ensuring the loyalty of Cossacks, which caused tension given their traditional exercise of freedom, democratic self-rule, and independence.

Maybe that explains a lot about my personality.  

HEY!

Terry, 230RN

Entertaining (Kazatzka at ~2:00 into the vid):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH0DYT1jvvo
Horsemanship vignettes:
http://wn.com/cossack_show
Amusingly, there's a Cossack in modern camo at 00:20 in there.  Hmmmm...  Tallpine might like that idea. :)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:23:42 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.