Author Topic: Time test. Do not ignore. Do not delete.  (Read 5019 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Time test. Do not ignore. Do not delete.
« on: November 26, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Time test. Do not ignore. Do not delete.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 05:04:04 PM »
February 5,  2632, Time: 12:18:10
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 06:26:00 PM »
Bzzz.

The basedate is January 1, 2323
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:46:48 PM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 07:36:12 PM »
Paisley
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 07:43:34 PM »
Stardate  89663.29  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 07:50:04 PM »
Paisley

You are both like a million zodes off.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 08:24:20 PM »
17 bars of gold-pressed latinum.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »
17 bars of gold-pressed latinum.

I only deal in Quatloos.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 09:12:07 PM »
ignored
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 09:57:05 PM »
The true Urdu weight of Unobtanium.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 10:25:29 PM »
Can anybody read this yet?  I don't know exactly how far back this will go.  Whatever happens, don't let Fistful see the new year.  I can't tell you why...  they'll know and find the resistance.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »
It is the time required, at the standard air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow, to travel one meter backwards.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 10:36:13 PM »
Can anybody read this yet?  I don't know exactly how far back this will go.  Whatever happens, don't let Fistful see the new year.  I can't tell you why...  they'll know and find the resistance.

I saw this message, now, when I was 42, and when I was 15. Your time displacement equipment is out of synch.

PS - How about a little help with what the stock market will do in the next month, yo?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 11:25:56 PM »
Bzzz.

The basedate is January 1, 2323

STARDATE(309097.0290144596)
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 11:31:46 PM »
STARDATE(309097.0290144596)

Mine had a minus sign.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 08:11:58 AM »
-309097.0290144596?

Damn!  I've been writing -309097.0290144597 on my checks.

Seriously, is that the Julian date for the big bang or whatever or something?  I Gargled it and got

This search did not return anything.
No web results for:

It's not how old you are in days... that would make you 846 yo.  I guess that would be OK for Methuselah, though.

Hmmmm.  Anything historical happen in (2013 - 846) = 1167AD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1167

Diameter of the universe in parsecs? (As of today. :) )

OK, tell me, so I can smite my forehead and say, "Dang, I shoulda known that!" and go to bed happy.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:32:56 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 09:13:34 AM »
It's yesterday's stardate (trekkie nerd stuff) as of his post.

I never knew how the "stardate" was derived, but basically it goes from January 1st 2323 and either counts forwards or backwards (hence his negative number to get to today).  There are 1000 stardates in our standard year.

So, throw out one perfectly good calendar that western civilization uses, replace it with one that "sounds" like it is a multispecies/multicultural one that isn't focused on the origin date of any particular religious faith, but still keep it Earth-centric since it is based on a standard Earth year.  Hide the hubris. =D

There's got to be some effective constant measurable decay or radiation pulse out in the galaxy that would make a better calendar.
--Lysander Spooner

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »

Nuff said!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 09:43:29 AM »
It's yesterday's stardate (trekkie nerd stuff) as of his post.

I never knew how the "stardate" was derived, but basically it goes from January 1st 2323 and either counts forwards or backwards (hence his negative number to get to today).  There are 1000 stardates in our standard year.

So, throw out one perfectly good calendar that western civilization uses, replace it with one that "sounds" like it is a multispecies/multicultural one that isn't focused on the origin date of any particular religious faith, but still keep it Earth-centric since it is based on a standard Earth year.  Hide the hubris. =D

There's got to be some effective constant measurable decay or radiation pulse out in the galaxy that would make a better calendar.

We have the galactic year. Also microfortnight, nanocentury, and the kilosecond. And lets not forget dog years.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 12:20:02 PM »
Well "time" is a figment of our imagination. All that really exists is the displacement of matter...
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »
Just a vestigal time measurement based on solar cycles.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 01:19:39 PM »
Just a vestigal time measurement based on solar cycles.

Decaying ones, at that.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 02:15:08 PM »
We have the galactic year. Also microfortnight, nanocentury, and the kilosecond. And lets not forget dog years.

Let's not be forgetting the perfectly southern measurement of "A coon's age".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »

What about the Rods of Ra?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536