Author Topic: Hunter Receives Death Threats for Posing With Lion  (Read 6008 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Hunter Receives Death Threats for Posing With Lion
« on: November 27, 2013, 12:06:41 PM »
As per usual, the "non-violent" [insert cause here] activists are the ones who talk violence. And how would their petition get her banned from Africa? I'm pretty sure the money she paid for the hunt went to an African government that likes money. How much money has PETA given to African governments for game preservation compared to what international hunters have given, I wonder?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/27/utah-hunting-group-claims-death-threats-after-supporting-hunter-who-posed-with/?intcmp=latestnews
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Hunter Receives Death Threats for Posing With Lion
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »
I seriously wish one of those nekkid PETA chicks would attack me with a cucumber  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »
Lion King fanboys with their knickers in a twist.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 12:44:55 PM »

Yep. None seem to actually care about Africans, or economics, or "This finances good things, you twit".
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 01:24:23 PM »
PETA responded to KSL.com's report and said it opposes violence.

I suppose they oppose violence in the same manner as they oppose animal control agencies that kill strays after x days.

And has anybody chercked lately to see if the lettuce they wear and the cucumbers they wield were organically grown by fair-trade farms?  (You know, the ones swarming with salmonella and e-coli.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:44:55 PM »
Do a little research.
Peta kills close to 99 percent of the animals they rescue.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 03:57:39 PM »
I suppose they oppose violence in the same manner as they oppose animal control agencies that kill strays after x days.

And has anybody chercked lately to see if the lettuce they wear and the cucumbers they wield were organically grown by fair-trade farms?  (You know, the ones swarming with salmonella and e-coli.)

stay safe.

It's the no kill shelters PETA goes after.

PETA is of the opinion that death is a better option for domestic animals then risk any possibility of the animal ending up abused, neglegted or exploted.

Which is why PETA is the enemy of every rescue orginazation and humane shelter around the world.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 04:14:56 PM »
It's not even "the risk of abuse, exploitation, or neglect", PETA as a high level position thinks there shouldn't be pets or "companion animals" at all.

They just aren't very up front about it because it would deter people from joining, donating etc. but they don't hide their position if asked.

http://www.peta.org/about-peta/why-peta/pets/
I promise not to duck.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 04:18:48 PM »
It's not even "the risk of abuse, exploitation, or neglect", PETA as a high level position thinks there shouldn't be pets or "companion animals" at all.

They just aren't very up front about it because it would deter people from joining, donating etc. but they don't hide their position if asked.

http://www.peta.org/about-peta/why-peta/pets/

I know, but that's how they justify euthinising animals they've "rescued".
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 04:22:24 PM »
Nothing major to add but I've spent a lot of time on the ground in the RSA and Game farms are a large sector of the economy, keeping many people of the lower classes employed and preserving game as a side benefit.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
I've had a long and interesting discussion with a "non-hunter" about this on FB.  (A friend, pro-hunting, posted it, so we've been crapping all over his wall. )

He can't understand why some would think that "fun" = "I think I'll go out and kill something this weekend."\

Plus, I wish I could find it again, but the was a graphic (maybe more than one) that showed the populations of various African animals both from like 1960 and now, and those nations that allowed hunting showed dramatic increases in populations, while those that banned hunting showed dramatic declines.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:41:34 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 06:22:39 PM »
Animal-rightsers are acting crazy. Must be a day ending in Y.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
I remember hearing about them trying to ban the girl from gaining entry into South Africa because she had posed next to the animal she shot smiling.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »
Well, I must say, were I her, I'd not be to worried about death threats from a bunch of wet behind the ears hippie types who survive on rabbit food.

The woman shot and killed a *expletive deleted*ing lion. A lion. An animal that eats what eats the same things as those hippies.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 08:00:17 PM »
It's just like the Antis screeching about us being violent.  Were that the case,   Antis would be an endangered species, hunted without regard for the IUCN.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 08:17:24 PM »
I remember hearing about them trying to ban the girl from gaining entry into South Africa because she had posed next to the animal she shot smiling.

Well, if she shot a smiling animal she SHOULD be banned. Only frowning or growling animals should be killed. Smiling animals should be petted, to reward their positive behavior.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 08:19:54 PM »
Well, if she shot a smiling animal she SHOULD be banned. Only frowning or growling animals should be killed. Smiling animals should be petted, to reward their positive behavior.

I don't think I'd pet a smiling lion.

I'd be running for my life.

A feline smile bodes ill for all mankind.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »
I don't think I'd pet a smiling lion.

I'd be running for my life.

A feline smile bodes ill for all mankind.

And if a damned housecat managed to put on 150 odd lbs,  it would move way up on the food chain.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 08:42:40 PM »
kittah was cage raised and released in a large fenced farm for the hunt

The lion was bred and raised like a cow for his $22,000 head
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »

aside from not being an honest to Bejus wild animal, what's the problem?

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »
everyone acts like she hunted down and killed an endangered animal, nope she shot a hand raised cow.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 11:59:17 PM »

Mmmmmm, not quite (from the story):

"the lion was not drugged or enclosed in a camp. It was free roaming on more than 2,000 hectares (4,900 acres)."

That's a fair sized chunk of land to free-range on.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 03:36:45 AM »
May not qualify for "fair chase" but 4,900 acres if a fair sized piece of ground a little more than 7.6 square miles.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 07:21:53 AM »
for a fee, you can hand feed the cubs at the ranch where she shot the lion

it was free roaming when it was shot, but previously, it would of been in a smaller paddock.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend