Author Topic: Abolish the TSA  (Read 3020 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Abolish the TSA
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:21:42 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/12/02/tsa-department-homeland-security-patriot-act-column/3796127/

The 9/11 attacks worked because they caught people -- used to theatrical hijackings that didn't kill anyone -- by surprise. Once Americans figured out this new game, which took, as Todd notes, only 109 minutes, they put an end to it by themselves. The creation of the TSA didn't do any good, and it costs a lot of money, and it does a lot of harm. Put an end to it.

Traveling for business this week, I have learned to hate the TSA all over again.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

erictank

• friends
Re: Abolish the TSA
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:43:16 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/12/02/tsa-department-homeland-security-patriot-act-column/3796127/

Traveling for business this week, I have learned to hate the TSA all over again.

Starting a new job on Monday the 16th (yay! No more rotating shift work!!!!), which will involve ~20% business travel.

Doing away with Team Sexual Assault can't come soon enough. And realistically, it never will happen. Dammit.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »
My next project may be in Seattle area, which means I can drive out there if I need to  =)

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »
Why do we NEED >insert overfunded, inept, Civil Rights abusing, Constitution raping, Federally funded Orwellian program/law/institution here<? =|

BECAUSE

9/11!!!1!1eleventy!!!

...or do you hate 'Merica?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 12:56:03 PM »

9/11!!!1!1eleventy!!!

I propose we call it:

instead.

Tired of the 9/11 religion.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 12:57:17 PM »
9-11-1297

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 11:15:01 PM »
My next project may be in Seattle area, which means I can drive out there if I need to  =)

Let's meet up for a brew if possible while you're out here.
Formerly sumpnz

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 11:27:24 AM »
Let's meet up for a brew if possible while you're out here.

Sure.  It's still a maybe, and probably not until after the first of the year.

I might be able to do it all from home.  (bet you can't guess what it's about ...    ;/ )

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 10:31:05 PM »
Sure.  It's still a maybe, and probably not until after the first of the year.

I might be able to do it all from home.  (bet you can't guess what it's about ...    ;/ )

Send me a PM when you know your schedule.
Formerly sumpnz

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 11:00:01 AM »
Send me a PM when you know your schedule.

Yeah, might get a group meet-up with Millcreek and any others (Balog?).

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 11:21:59 AM »
There's also mgdavis, and tokugawa here in the Puget Sound.  Plus BobR in Spokane, and AmbulanceDriver and a few other in PDX.
Formerly sumpnz