Author Topic: Netflix series- House of Cards  (Read 5504 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Netflix series- House of Cards
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 10:58:38 AM »
There's a guy who knows how to make snap decisions.

Especially if you're feeling pushy.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 06:05:07 PM »
He keeps his goals on track.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2014, 06:13:43 PM »
He keeps his goals on track.
He certainly isn't going to be derailed
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 06:37:46 PM »
Sometimes you just have to make a decision and chug, chug, chug ahead.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 12:35:48 AM »
Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith in your judgement.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 07:23:02 AM »
Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith in your judgement.

If you fall down, train yourself to get back up again.
JD

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »
Sometimes you just need to pick up the pieces and move on down the tracks
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »
This thread has monkeed around long enough taking the Last Train to Snarksville...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 02:01:17 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2015, 11:16:54 AM »
Wifey and I have been sick the last two weekends.  We cut cable a few weeks ago and started watching House of Cards.  That damn show is like TV crack.  Almost as good as Boss was on Starz a few years back.
Binge watching our way through Season 3 now.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2015, 11:22:40 AM »
Wifey and I have been sick the last two weekends.  We cut cable a few weeks ago and started watching House of Cards.  That damn show is like TV crack.  Almost as good as Boss was on Starz a few years back.
Binge watching our way through Season 3 now.

Yeah. With discipline I was able to ration Season 3 out for a couple of weeks. And agreed, Boss was pretty darn good. I just finished Season 2 of Magic City, another Starz production about a mob-connected hotelier and set in Cuban Revolution era Miami. Also not bad.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »
After we finished House of Cards, we started watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix, and we recommend that as well.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2015, 12:49:22 PM »
After we finished House of Cards, we started watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix, and we recommend that as well.

Agreed.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2015, 07:49:15 PM »

Heard the same thing from a coworker.  We're going to give it a try.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2015, 08:42:11 PM »
I watch it, we found in near the end of the second season so we binged watched it.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2015, 10:48:17 AM »

Season 3 is a bit harder to keep my attention. I'm about halfway through, on the episode with Russia.

He's downright evil, thus fairly realistic. But the guy got results in seasons 1 and 2. After getting what he wanted, seems like he's not achieving anything. Hope the rest of the season picks up a bit.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2015, 11:15:08 AM »
Season 3 is a bit harder to keep my attention. I'm about halfway through, on the episode with Russia.

He's downright evil, thus fairly realistic. But the guy got results in seasons 1 and 2. After getting what he wanted, seems like he's not achieving anything. Hope the rest of the season picks up a bit.

Revdisk, I have to agree with you on this.  I found it very difficult to get through, if I hadn't invested so much time already I probably would have stopped.    I think they had too many plot lines running at the same time, so I felt a little ADHD trying to stay up with so many plot lines going on.  I hope season 4 is better.

lupinus

• friends
Re:
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »
Agree on season three. Still good TV but not as good as the first two seasons.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2015, 01:53:37 PM »

I agree with the observation, but I accepted the idea that things would slow down. A politician may get away with disposing of a pesky reporter, but your primary foreign adversary? Not so much. Francis is now playing Grand Masters, and his skills, resolve, and ruthlessness are being tested more severely. The scope of the world got larger, but the focus became smaller as the implications of decisions and actions grew.