Author Topic: Perfect freaking timing for this...  (Read 1008 times)

White Horseradish

• friend
Perfect freaking timing for this...
« on: January 19, 2014, 05:02:32 PM »
The snowblower tractor died... They are predicting cold and snow.

Bastard.

Probably something electrical... Gonna go, try to troubleshoot it soon...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Perfect freaking timing for this...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »
Well in typical APS fashion someone will have the answer.
But.....
What kind of tractor and what is it doing? Or not doing?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:34:12 PM »
Well in typical APS fashion someone will have the answer.

Detcord.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 06:36:57 PM »
There are good online tractor- supply store for parts- .

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 07:00:45 PM »
It's a Craftsman DLT3000. It's not doing anything. Not even headlights.

I think one of the safety interlock switches is behind it. It has three that I'm aware of - seat, clutch and PTO.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »
I think I got it. It's the PTO cutout. The idea is that if PTO is engaged and you leave the seat it kills the machine.

I jumpered the switch socket, and I got it to start, but I accidentally stuck the jumper in the wrong place and blew the main fuse. Naturally, I'm out of that size fuse...

Robert A Heinlein

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 08:51:52 PM »
I think I got it. It's the PTO cutout. The idea is that if PTO is engaged and you leave the seat it kills the machine.

I jumpered the switch socket, and I got it to start, but I accidentally stuck the jumper in the wrong place and blew the main fuse. Naturally, I'm out of that size fuse...
If were already violating all the safety schmafety stuff might as well jump the fuse.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 11:24:11 PM »
If were already violating all the safety schmafety stuff might as well jump the fuse.
Well, I don't want it to burn down...

I went to malwart and they were out of fuses. (what?) Picked one up at a gas station.

The safety interlock is jumped in the position where PTO is on, so hopping off the seat kills the engine. That let me clear the two driveways and, most importantly, the street side sidewalk. City has regs on that.

They are promising more snow...

Robert A Heinlein