Author Topic: Printing Question (Help!)  (Read 877 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Printing Question (Help!)
« on: September 11, 2006, 05:13:49 PM »
So I need to find someone/somewhere that will print a fairly small order (50-100 copies) of a document for a reasonable price.  IE: Not more then $1/sheet.  The problem is that I want the document printed on fairly heavy BLACK paper (24lb or heavier), and I want the text to be white.

Any ideas of places on the net that would take such an order for that price?

Thanks!
-Nick

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 06:08:39 PM »
what about black toner on heavy white paper at a photocopyshop?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 07:59:07 PM »
You're screwed (bogie knows printing...).

What you're probably going to end up going for is silkscreening. If you MUST have black paper.

Figure a few bux each, plus a setup charge.
Blog under construction

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 03:26:21 PM »
Quote from: Harold Tuttle
what about black toner on heavy white paper at a photocopyshop?
I guess you could print up a sheet with your computer (maybe feed in some black paper and print it up with yellow or something, then photo copy it in monochrome at the the selve-serve machine at Kinkos. Just dont let them get a look at what you printed or the level on the toner cartridge afterwards. Probably wont look very good though.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 07:10:20 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 05:58:34 AM »
I had printed 85 copies of color on 80lb parchment paper duplex and 75 B&W on 65lb white paper duplex and the bill was $173.45. Cheapest price I could find in town.

I think you're going to have to have those silk screened because I don't know of anyone who prints in white or do what Harold T said.

Charby knows printing too.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 11:31:09 AM »
A.  Where you at?
B.  It's gonna be tough to do- offsetting/ ghosting issues should be plentiful.
C.  Try to find someone locally with a digital copier, it may be your best bet.  Design the file, have them print it for you with the toner based inks, should solve some of the sh!t mentioned in "B".

M
One day at a time.