Author Topic: A doctor lied and now kids die.  (Read 882 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
A doctor lied and now kids die.
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:28:56 PM »
There's a special place in hell for that bastard and his blonde bimbo Jenny McCarthy.  I hope they get slow roasted on a spit.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-antivaccination-movement-20140120,0,5576371.story
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: A doctor lied and now kids die.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 10:55:16 PM »
There's a special place in hell for that bastard and his blonde bimbo Jenny McCarthy.  I hope they get slow roasted on a spit.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-antivaccination-movement-20140120,0,5576371.story

The gullible dumb *expletive deleted* that believe that bullshit and thus did not vaccinate their kids deserve the blame too.

When the revolution comes, the anti-vaccination crowd and every dumb *expletive deleted* who believes the "health news that doctors don't want you to know" bullshit that flies around facebook will be put up against the wall. If I have to hear about "mercury in vaccines" and "brominated vegetable oil" one more time...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 11:19:47 PM »
The gullible dumb *expletive deleted* that believe that bullshit and thus did not vaccinate their kids deserve the blame too.

When the revolution comes, the anti-vaccination crowd and every dumb *expletive deleted* who believes the "health news that doctors don't want you to know" bullshit that flies around facebook will be put up against the wall. If I have to hear about "mercury in vaccines" and "brominated vegetable oil" one more time...

You know how I said we were going to need to borrow that big wall in China for you?
Scratch that. It's just not going to be big enough.

My take: When it comes to medicine, people can't seem to figure out "let's use what works." They think because one thing from holistic/eastern/alt medicine works, that all Western medicine is superbad evil money grubbing profit mongers.
And it goes vis versa. People who think Western medicine is on par with the Bible and all else is quackery.

The thing is, medicine is not a freeking fad, nor is it all or nothing, in terms of "philosophy". Medicine is all about practical application. If it works, it works, if it doesn't it doesn't.

Examples:
Lupus can be successfully managed through holistic diet and often it results in better management then drugs. Why no drugs? Well, because the quanity of the drugs will eventually toast your liver and often don't even work well enough to help with the symptoms.
OTOH, a script for antibotics will do wonders for an ear infection and you won't be on it long enough for ill effects. And the antibotics they gave you for the flu? Uhhh... It's a virus, not a bacteria. FAIL.

Which brings me to vaccines.
A long, long, long time ago, some wacky doctor type figured out that if you stuck a needle into a cowpox sore and then stuck it into a person, that person was less likely to get smallpox.
It worked.
Over the many, many, many years the process has been refined, reworked and elevated to the modern vaccines. Immunology is one of the most advanced areas of medical science and the vaccines of today have eclipsed what was being successfully used a decade ago. You know that whole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" deal, because the "fix" will make it broke? That doesn't apply to vaccines. They wern't broke, yet they're still making 'em better!

The only reason to not vaccinate your kid is because your kid is one of the rare few for whom it has been medically determined, by their doctor (not some quack on TV), that the vaccination will cause more harm to the induvidial then the result.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 11:26:36 PM »

My take: When it comes to medicine, people can't seem to figure out "let's use what works

Makes too much sense for that to ever happen

Lupus can be successfully managed through holistic diet and often it results in better management then drugs. Why no drugs? Well, because the quanity of the drugs will eventually toast your liver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEUaYrRRTZU

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 09:31:48 PM »
"Country healers" have a better record vs warts than MD's & DO's!?!?!?
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 09:58:59 PM »

Huh?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:51:26 PM »

Liquid nitrogen applied by a medical professional has worked for me all but once and that time was by a dumbass HM.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams