Author Topic: Girl Survives 3000' Fall  (Read 775 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Girl Survives 3000' Fall
« on: January 28, 2014, 11:16:28 PM »
If it truly was a straight fall, versus say a parachute deployment gone bad, but still acting as a streamer, it's a miracle. Even the latter would be a miracle. I'm a bit disappointed, but not surprised, by the father's quote. I'm sure a lawsuit is on the way.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/28/texas-teen-in-good-condition-after-plummeting-over-3000-feet-in-skydiving/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: Girl Survives 3000' Fall
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:28:33 PM »
Let's see here;
Daddy gave permission
Daddy went first
Daddy now bitches about state laws.

Daddy is a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:29:26 PM »
The girl's parents agreed to let her perform the jump, but her father, Joe Wethington, now says the skydiving company shouldn't have allowed it.

"I don't think she should have been allowed at 16 to go up there and perform that type of jump, no matter what I say or she says, she shouldn't have been allowed,"

;/ You allowed her you dumb *expletive deleted*. I am SICK AND TIRED of people who do not understand the concept of "personal responsibility". No, instead it's "Well they shouldn't have allowed me to do that!!!!!"

Mr. Wethington, sit down, shut the *expletive deleted* up, praise the Lord that your daughter is alive with minor injuries  instead of taking a dirt nap. Accept the responsibility that if you hadn't signed the damn forms she wouldn't have been up there.

I was 16 when I started flying, 17 when I got my license. That's right, they let me take a quarter of a million dollar aircraft up BY MY SELF when I was 16. If I crashed and burned, it would have been my own goddamn fault.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:42:49 PM »
;/ You allowed her you dumb *expletive deleted*. I am SICK AND TIRED of people who do not understand the concept of "personal responsibility". No, instead it's "Well they shouldn't have allowed me to do that!!!!!"

Mr. Wethington, sit down, shut the *expletive deleted* up, praise the Lord that your daughter is alive with minor injuries  instead of taking a dirt nap. Accept the responsibility that if you hadn't signed the damn forms she wouldn't have been up there.

I was 16 when I started flying, 17 when I got my license. That's right, they let me take a quarter of a million dollar aircraft up BY MY SELF when I was 16. If I crashed and burned, it would have been my own goddamn fault.

Boomer, I truly do love how you tell it like it is. Political correctness be damned!

A frined of mine (Combat Controller, USAF) did a jump from about 1,000 feet and had a streamer. He broke all the right bones (did a proper landing) and lived to tell about it, got disability. Had a few pounds of metal in his legs and spine.
Rode a Harley. People used to ask him how he could ride a Harley and he just told them "Riding a Harley is easy. Walking to it is the hard part".

Those Combat Controller are serious Oohra's!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 11:49:41 PM »
"Duh, somebody should have done my thinking for me. derpderpderp Obama halp!"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 11:54:58 PM »
Boomer, I truly do love how you tell it like it is. Political correctness be damned!

I am sick and tired of this kind of person that cannot bear to accept personal responsibility. I am in the middle of a major thing at work concerning this subject that I cannot discuss more from here at this time but I am tired of dealing with people of this mentality. they are worthless wastes of oxygen.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!