Author Topic: Kollidge Kids - they funny  (Read 922 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Kollidge Kids - they funny
« on: February 15, 2014, 07:38:10 PM »
http://www.oregonlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2014/02/massive_snowball_wreaks_havoc.html

It was a sign of the snowpocalypse.
A colossal, 900-pound snowball ripped a dorm room's wall apart at Reed College in Southeast Portland after a pair of math majors lost control of the icy globe, Reed Magazine reported.

The shenanigans started when several students began rolling the massive blob in a campus quad Saturday night, the report said.

It gets worse.  Thus proving the value of a college education is not as much as they say it is.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: Kollidge Kids - they funny
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:39:30 PM »
I saw that in a cartoon once!    =D

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 07:59:58 PM »
I'm sorry, but that's *expletive deleted*ing funny.

Yes, it was stupid, and not entirely harmless, but it was silly and probably a load of fun until it broke the dorm.

Pranks and silly crap amoung the youth at various instatutions should be exactly like this (maybe next time without the $3000 bill)

Reminds me of my moms story of assisting a canoe on to the top of Wise Lodge back in her Camp Hanover days.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 12:01:46 AM »
That used to be a winter passtime at my grade school, Herbert Hoover Elementary, and with half the kids in the school trying to help push and roll them, the snowballs would get up to a good 70" or more in diameter, and they'd break and fall under their own weight, or the playground moms would make us stop for fear someone would get crushed.

Probably helped that the playground was relatively flat.  =D
I promise not to duck.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 12:11:03 AM »
That used to be a winter passtime at my grade school, Herbert Hoover Elementary, and with half the kids in the school trying to help push and roll them, the snowballs would get up to a good 70" or more in diameter, and they'd break and fall under their own weight, or the playground moms would make us stop for fear someone would get crushed.

Probably helped that the playground was relatively flat.  =D

[Shakes cane] Back in my day we had to roll our snowballs uphill both ways in the playground! And when it crushed a kid we just threw him to the side until recess was over. Casualties were acceptable and encouraged! [/getoffmylawn]
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 08:04:55 AM »
hitting the dorm was rather foolish, now if it had hit the deans house they would have been epic campus celebs.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 08:27:25 AM »
I bet they are now on double secret probation.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 10:41:47 AM »
I'm sorry, but that's *expletive deleted* funny.

Yes, it was stupid, and not entirely harmless, but it was silly and probably a load of fun until it broke the dorm.

Pranks and silly crap amoung the youth at various instatutions should be exactly like this (maybe next time without the $3000 bill)

Reminds me of my moms story of assisting a canoe on to the top of Wise Lodge back in her Camp Hanover days.

Or Gene Hill and company trying to get a canoe through the revolving door of a fancy NYC hotel  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin