Author Topic: collateral damage in pot industry  (Read 1081 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: collateral damage in pot industry
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:32:10 PM »
Yeah, that's how it went in federally occupied Montanistan  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:34:11 PM »
I'm more and more against the war on drugs.  Having said that the title still irks me a bit.  Dude had to have known growing dope is still a no no with the feds, and that this could have happened.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:55:49 PM »
Yup, the headline is all wrong.  Pot was not legal in his state.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »

I'm slightly surprised and amused by how many potheads were gaga over President Obama.

AFAIK, his administration still has the same policy on pot as all of the previous administrations, that federal government has a right to declare a plant to be illegal, states cannot overrule the federal government and that people who don't follow the last two rules get arrested. Has the Obama administration implemented any significant policy changes in regards to the War on Drugs? I do know the DEA hasn't changed a bit.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 02:31:46 PM »
I'm slightly surprised and amused by how many potheads were gaga over President Obama.

AFAIK, his administration still has the same policy on pot as all of the previous administrations, that federal government has a right to declare a plant to be illegal, states cannot overrule the federal government and that people who don't follow the last two rules get arrested. Has the Obama administration implemented any significant policy changes in regards to the War on Drugs? I do know the DEA hasn't changed a bit.

In their defense, they are potheads.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 02:49:12 PM »

Yes, this administration has actually been more draconian on drugs than the "conservative" Bush administration.   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 07:17:42 PM »
IIRC, the Obama administration said they wouldn't sweat pot that much, then turned around and said nevermind, and then prosecuted plenty. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 07:34:39 PM »
I wonder how big an impact asset forfeiture plays into these prosecution decisions. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 07:35:37 PM »
In Montana they had big money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I