Author Topic: Okay, Blackburn, this is really low of you - All members, please read  (Read 1217 times)

cosine

• Administrator
I hate to make accusations, especially when I'm not 100 percent sure of them, but you're the troll that's been annoying us lately, aren't you?

Some of the email addresses you provide say as much.

Your last attempt here http://armedpolitesociety.com/viewtopic.php?id=4257 (which spilled out into here http://armedpolitesociety.com/viewtopic.php?id=4258) to shut this forum down failed, so now you're trying to troll the heck out of it, in hopes that it becomes too much work for Oleg and the mods to take care of. You're hoping that Oleg shuts it down because he can't put up with the extra work.

Fellow members, I really think this is what's happening. If I truly am wrong, and can be definitively proved wrong, I'll place a self-imposed temporary ban on myself for making unjust, unfounded accusations and refrain from logging on and posting here for two weeks.

Edit: I am not the one sending harrassing emails to Blackburn (I haven't sent him any emails) if what he has said in a couple of threads is true.
Andy

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
Okay, Blackburn, this is really low of you - All members, please read
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 02:35:32 PM »
I tend to agree with you.

Who else would it be?
One day at a time.

Ron

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 02:39:10 PM »
One of the joys of APS and THR is the lack of immature drama.

Some people just cannot live without drama.

If you are correct then Blackburn is one of these folks.

He was posting here after his ban and playing nice, he was once again part of the conversation. Not enough attention?

I am patiently awaiting thought directives from HQ because I don't know what to think about all this.

edited to add: I hope it isn't Blackburn, don't mind his posts normally, or I ignore them.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 02:49:28 PM »
To add to the previous post-

They two of them showup w/in a day of eachother?

How ironic.

Blackdurn tries to get back in and can't.  Then, all of the sudden this other asshat shows up?
One day at a time.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 02:50:28 PM »
I had a suspicion, but I wasnt (and im not) prepared to actually make an accusation.  The timing was pretty interesting, but there have been a couple of members who have been banned with the right sort of personality. i would say that I would be dissapointed if it turned out to be Blackburn as he was one of the less whiny of the bunch, but i tend to overestimate people's maturity. I'd be interested to know how it turns out.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 02:52:05 PM »
Quote from: c_yeager
i would say that I would be dissapointed if it turned out to be Blackburn as he was one of the less whiny of the bunch, but i tend to overestimate people's maturity.
If you read some of the threads, that's why I tried for so long to believe out recent troll isn't Blackburn. It just didn't seem like him, from how I remember him when he was still a regular member.
Andy

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 02:52:59 PM »
The non-public identity and ever-changing e-mail was the dead giveaway that we were dealing with a less-than-honest user.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 02:59:03 PM »
The email address Blackburn provided in this thread http://armedpolitesociety.com/viewtopic.php?id=4345 is just rich.

Troll was showing his true colors.
Andy

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 03:01:46 PM »
Quote from: it's trollGOD to you
Furthermore inspector, the email HAS to change because the forum won't allow multiple registrations on the same email.  Sorry to burst your bubble einstein.
Nope, doesn't. If one posts without registering, one can post as a guest over and over using/providing the same email address. I did it myself for a while before I decided to register.

Not that I mind that you didn't know. It helped trip you up and expose your little despicable game.
Andy

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 03:02:10 PM »
It's not Blackburn.

This guy has been kicked off here before. He posted as Masterpiece Arms and a couple other things.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 03:02:32 PM »
I'm not convinced yet, I made a 'guest' post with a fake email. Blackburn could be entering anything in there, particularly if he doesn't want to give his email to people he claims have been sending him emails telling him to stop doing something he isn't doing. Of course if that's what he's doing then he's not helping himself.

The thought of cosine's about how this will make APS look like work to Oleg and so might result in it's closure had occurred though. Yet if this is Blackburn then the email hint would be spotted pretty quickly, as it has been.

If this is Blackburn I'm disappointed. Thought he had more going for him than someone who would do something as pointless as this.

We've got to stop creating new threads about this though.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 03:06:53 PM »
Quote from: Barbara
This guy has been kicked off here before. He posted as Masterpiece Arms and a couple other things.
The MPP link in his profile was a little too much of a giveaway I think. It doesnt really sound like the real MPA to me either because the posts are *waaaaay* too short and dont wander around enough (they are lame enough, but to cohesive in theme). I think someone who was around for the whole masterpiecearms situation using it as a red herring, which means its a person who has been around for awhile.

Like I said, im not convinced that it is Blackburn, but I dont think its MPA either. There are a lot of choices. It could be someone banned from THR too and wants to whine somewhere they can get away with it easier.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 03:10:24 PM »
Quote from: c_yeager
There are a lot of choices. It could be someone banned from THR too and wants to whine somewhere they can get away with it easier.
Oops. Didn't think of that. And using Blackburn as an alias. I could delete this thread, but I won't. I'll let it come to a head whether I was wrong or right, even if leaving this thread up means I'll be banned permanently for abandoning the High Road.  

Well, if that's so, I'm sincerely sorry Blackburn for the accusation. If that's so, I will adhere to my self-imposed ban.
Andy

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 03:14:35 PM »
Quote from: cosine
If that's so, I will adhere to my self-imposed ban.
Which will accomplish what?

You may or not be wrong.

I'd leave it at that.

You banning yourself is pointless.
One day at a time.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 03:28:22 PM »
I'm quite sure it's blackburn.  Here's why:

1) The "Troll" comes back shortly after Blackburn stirs the pot about moderation, trolling, etc.  

2)  MPA was a jerk, but he stayed away from each forum when he was banned.

3)
Hey super sleuth, 99% of the identities are "non public" (by which I think you mean using one's full name which is not the smartest move on the internet)
MPA was never bothered by net security and even posted a scan of his CCW (or some similar ID) on one of the other boards.  Blackburn has always shown himself to be uptight about security.

4) It's in Blackburn's nature to come back periodically and troll.  

Chris

crt360

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 02:29:24 AM »
I didn't think it was blackburn.  He did very little to disguise himself when he came back on under various names recently.  If he has been trying to appear as MasterpieceArms.com the past two days, he's doing a very good job of it.
For entertainment purposes only.