Author Topic: John Galt, we hardly knew ye.  (Read 602 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
John Galt, we hardly knew ye.
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »
http://nymag.com/nymetro/nightlife/sex/features/12193/index6.html

“It was like a dream,” Natalia says. “I never got tired.”

Asked if the work affected her relationship with Itzler, Natalia says, “Sometimes he’d say, ‘Everyone gets a chance to spend time with you except me.’ I’d say, ‘You’re the one booking me.’ ” As for Jason, he says, “If she ever did it with anyone for free, it would have broken my heart.”

Moving from 54th Street following a nasty fallout with partner Bruce Glasser (each party claimed the other had taken out a contract on his life), Itzler ran NY Confidential out of his parolee apartment in Hoboken. One visitor describes the scene: “The place was full of naked women and underwear. It was a rain forest of underwear. In the middle on the couch is Jason with all these telephones, one in either ear, the other one ringing on the coffee table.”

Seventy-nine Worth Street, with its twenty-foot ceilings and mezzanine balconies, where Jason and Natalia would move to in the summer of 2004, was a whole other thing. “Right away, we knew this was it,” says Natalia. “The loft felt like home.” As per usual, Jason would take much of the cost of the lease from Natalia’s bookings—money she would never receive. But money was never an issue with Natalia. If Cheryl, Jason’s first superstar, experienced “a rush of power when the guy handed me the envelope,” for Natalia, collecting the “donation,” while essential, had a faintly unseemly feel.

“Maybe it sounds crazy,” she says, “but I never felt I was in it for the money.”

For Jason, the loft was an opportunity to make real his most cherished theories of existence. “To me, the higher percentage of your life you are happy, the more successful you are,” says Jason, who came upon his philosophy while reading Ayn Rand. “I was really into the ‘Who is John Galt?’ Atlas Shrugged thing. I thought I could save the world if I could bring together the truly elite people, the most beautiful women with the most perfect bodies, best faces, and intelligence, and the elite men, the captains of industry, lawyers, and senators. This would bring about the most happiness, to the best people, who most deserved to be happy.”

John Galt, we hardly knew ye.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: John Galt, we hardly knew ye.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »
Ooookkkkkaaaayyyyyy then...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 11:17:30 AM »
Not knowing any context, that quote seems to show that he never understood what he read.  Maybe he was speed reading.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 11:22:22 AM »
Not knowing any context, that quote seems to show that he never understood what he read.  Maybe he was speed reading.

I dunno, a philosophy based purely on maximizing one's own life coupled with perverse sexual mores sounds exactly like Ayn Rand to me.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 11:36:24 AM »
I dunno, a philosophy based purely on maximizing one's own life coupled with perverse sexual mores sounds exactly like Ayn Rand to me.

Snort!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.