Author Topic: Michael Yon dances on Ft Hood victim's graves to promote gun control  (Read 2294 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Posting as I know several APSers like and follow him on Facebook. What a vile despicable piece of filth. He should be a politician.

The shooter is identified as a soldier named Ivan Lopez. Was Lopez involved with the gun group "Open Carry Texas?" The OCT organization was founded and is operated by another soldier at Fort Hood. They intentionally provoke police, carry rifles into Starbucks, Wal-Marts, McDonald's, etc. OCT is a hate group masquerading as a gun rights group. Likely they will soon prove their hate if members notice this posting. Members have threatened me before, and the leader was sent home from Afghanistan with mental problems. (He never left base.)

If OCT responds, notice how they cannot resist hate speech. Was the recent shooter involved with OCT? The US Army allows this right under its nose. This is not to suggest that the shooter is involved with OCT, but this is a question that should be answered. One of their members was tased just a day or so ago while carrying a rifle (he may have been within his rights -- I do not know), and OCT plans a rally on 06 April.

This is the leader of OCT from Fort Hood being arrested in Austin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my79AFSBjJI
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Michael Yon dances on Ft Hood victim's graves to promote gun control
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 11:51:29 PM »
Wha...??

Maybe we could ask if he's a member of the Freemasons or Illuminati as well?

This is even worse than the hack reporter who googled the name of the Colorado shooter (I don't remember his name and am purposely keeping it that way) and came back with a Tea Party member and ran with it.

At least he had some vague connection for his insane libel. Michael Yon, on the other hand?...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »
I don't like Yon. He went offthe reservation years ago.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 11:48:26 AM »
Don't know anything about Yon and frankly could give a *expletive deleted* about him.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 11:50:33 AM »
Prior to this I had no real knowledge of him, other than that several people from APS have referred to him approvingly in the past. Just wanted to let them know.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »
Prior to this I had no real knowledge of him, other than that several people from APS have referred to him approvingly in the past. Just wanted to let them know.

Dude's been off the rails for a while.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 12:16:59 PM »
Dude's been off the rails for a while.

With gun control stuff or just in general?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »
With the wars winding down, he has been screaming "LOOK AT ME" trying to maintain his readership and following.

He went of the rails a while back, and doesn't look like he's ever coming back.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
So I take it he is anti-open carry, but trying to tie it to this group is nuts.  Might as well be one of the media types jumping to conclusions that any shooter must be a white racist, right wing nut.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 01:21:45 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I just unfollowed him.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 04:58:23 PM »
With gun control stuff or just in general?

In general.  This is the first I heard he was anti-RKBA.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »
Yon has written some truly great stuff. I would not classify him necessarily as a great reporter, but definitely a determined one. That said this is not the first time he has failed to make complete sense of his own thoughts. He is definitely eccentric. I have a hard time actively disliking him because of this.

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 06:34:13 PM »
Don't know anything about Yon and frankly could give a *expletive deleted* about him.

I was unfamiliar with him. I now know all I need to about him.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 06:37:39 PM »
Yon has written some truly great stuff. I would not classify him necessarily as a great reporter, but definitely a determined one. That said this is not the first time he has failed to make complete sense of his own thoughts. He is definitely eccentric. I have a hard time actively disliking him because of this.

I've read Yon quite often, even buying one of his books. I would go so far to say I have always noticed not just eccentric, but ego-centric attitude in his writing. If he gets it in his head that he is slighted, then Yon will disparage the other and never lets a grudge go.

My suspicion is that there is a backstory to this turn of commentary. There was a fellow a while back that Yon hated from Afghan, some kind of bad blood, I don't recall the details. That same guy gets arrested in Texas for open carrying a rifle. Yon warned the gun community to not aid this guys' efforts, cause he's a nut that probably instigated a confrontation. My guess is that these comments all link back to that story.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 06:44:50 PM »
I've read Yon quite often, even buying one of his books. I would go so far to say I have always noticed not just eccentric, but ego-centric attitude in his writing. If he gets it in his head that he is slighted, then Yon will disparage the other and never lets a grudge go.

My suspicion is that there is a backstory to this turn of commentary. There was a fellow a while back that Yon hated from Afghan, some kind of bad blood, I don't recall the details. That same guy gets arrested in Texas for open carrying a rifle. Yon warned the gun community to not aid this guys' efforts, cause he's a nut that probably instigated a confrontation. My guess is that these comments all link back to that story.

This was my thinking exactly.  He has a lot of tenacity in his reporting, and it is not unusual for that tenacity to be taken to the extreme.
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »
Yon had some truly excellent embeded war corespondent stuff from Iraq,  sad to see him go this way.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 10:33:01 PM »
Yon warned the gun community to not aid this guys' efforts, cause he's a nut that probably instigated a confrontation.

To clarify, I am paraphrasing Yon's comments of the case. I don't really have an opinion of the case.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 07:39:42 PM »
With the wars winding down, he has been screaming "LOOK AT ME" trying to maintain his readership and following.

His leadership of ... what?

In three short paragraphs he mentions OCT (Open Carry Texas) no less than eight times, but he has the chutzpah to write this:

Was the recent shooter involved with OCT? The US Army allows this right under its nose. This is not to suggest that the shooter is involved with OCT, but this is a question that should be answered.

Of course not, Michael. No one would ever get the idea that you were suggesting the shooter might be associated with OCT. What an outlandish notion ...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:44:11 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 11:23:15 PM »
I still think it is pretty stupid to bring his hatred of this 3rd guy and anything he is affiliated with into the story of the Fort Hood.  It shows really bad judgement and doesn't reflect well on him at all.  It is what I would expect of the left wing nut jobs in the press. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »
His leadership of ... what?

He said "readership."

And to the OP: the thread title should read "victims'."    =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 09:25:38 PM »
Doing some research on him.  I don't know if he's so much anti-RKBA as one a vendetta against CJ Grisham.

For example:
The commendation was for a period of 20 March to 30 April 2003.  Army Major General Buford Blount signed it two days before the end of the period.  In other words, MG Blount signed the award on 28 April 2003.  The award was signed in advance and there is no mention of an Iraqi squad.  Signing a medal in advance makes it fraudulent, not to mention that he never neutralized an Iraqi squad.  Soldiers’ Angels used this stolen valor to raise money.

Actually, signing a medal in advance like this is very common, with the intent of giving somebody their medal for a period of service while they're still there. IE he's leaving 30 April, so the award is given through that period, but it's signed a day or two early so it can be given before he flies out.