Author Topic: Wrongful death payments at the VA  (Read 872 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Wrongful death payments at the VA
« on: April 08, 2014, 07:45:19 AM »
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2023324911_vawrongfuldeathsxml.html

I am now wondering about the timing of the VA recruiter headhunting me as a risk management director here in Seattle.  I am unaware of the data underlying the story, but these things certainly happen in the civilian medical sector as well, and I would bet that the VA is short-staffed in the psychiatric area, especially.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Wrongful death payments at the VA
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »

*shrug*

Wonders of socialized medicine. It works well enough to not get the funding cut, no more no less.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Wrongful death payments at the VA
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »
... I would bet that the VA is short-staffed in the psychiatric area, especially.

If they are, they did it to themselves. The VA "Healthcare System" manages at once to deny treatment for some psychological disorders while simultaneously doing their best to convince any veteran with a pulse to sign up for PTSD treatment. I surmise this must be because the .gov seems ready to throw money at PTSD treatment but not at other psych issues.

I came back from Vietnam over 40 years ago and I worked through any PTSD problems I might have had on my own, back then. But the VA keeps trying to sign me up for PTSD group therapy sessions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design