Author Topic: For 280Plus  (Read 378 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
For 280Plus
« on: April 23, 2014, 10:01:09 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: For 280Plus
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:41:21 AM »
Yea, I heard. :(

I happen to have a 1972 Ovation Tornado. This is a jazz style electric guitar modeled after the Gibson ES-335. Thin hollow body with F-holes rather than a round hole in the middle. Quite a few years ago one of the pickups went on it so I took it back to them in New Hartford. They were thrilled to see it, "We haven't seen one of these in years!" They took me on a little tour of the factory and showed it around in the process. A few weeks later they shipped it back to me. Completely redone with all "new old stock" components. They had adjusted the neck and set up the intonation for me. The thing still sounds beautiful. Total charge? $100.

So, needless to say I'm totally bummed to hear that all these fine people will be losing their jobs to the Chinese. Of course it was to be expected as Fender had bought them out several years back and they are quite famous for selling the brand names out and shipping them overseas.The big question is, what did "Governor" Malloy do to try and persuade them to stay here in CT? Not a damn thing.

I just hope they aren't going to try and pass the "Applause" grade instrument (Cheap Jap copy of an Ovation acoustic) of as being an "Ovation" now.
Avoid cliches like the plague!