Author Topic: Island for sale. New APS base of operations?  (Read 6200 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Island for sale. New APS base of operations?
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2014, 07:18:28 PM »
We'd have to Montanaform the island, though.

Plant .22 Short seeds, graft .22 LR onto the shoots, build wind and Canadian barriers, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.

Or maybe Texasform it.

You'll notice I left out "Coloradoforming" it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:24:46 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »
We'd have to Montanaform the island, though.

Plant .22 Short seeds, graft .22 LR onto the shoots, build wind and Canadian barriers, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.

Or maybe Texasform it.

You'll notice I left out "Coloradoforming" it.
Colorfornia  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2014, 09:47:13 PM »
Between all the membership here we've gotta have enough fire power to take a small tropical island paradise somewhere and have our own banana Republic.

Let take over Cuba !

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2014, 02:37:55 AM »
I'm thinking that there may still be a few small sea ports (fishing villages) where the regulations are somewhat "relaxed."

It probably helps if you have a few gifts for the local constable.

One reason I prefer "traditional" sailboats is that you could pretty much fix anything in the rigging with rope, cloth, or a bit of wood - in contrast to modern rigs where you have to special order just a certain part from who knows where  =|

Kind of depends on how "traditional" you want to go. My "new" boat is a 1976 model. Sure you can make band-aid fixes pretty easy but to do it right takes a little more tech. Most stuff is pretty generic though which is a good thing when the company that built the boat has been out of business for a couple of decades or so.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2014, 07:57:06 AM »

Let take over Cuba !

It's been tried, and despite assurances to the contrary, a past Democrat President left those who made the attempt hanging.

The current Democrat President would probably lend military support to Castro. (Raul Castro, that is.  ;) )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2014, 08:52:58 AM »
It's been tried, and despite assurances to the contrary, a past Democrat President left those who made the attempt hanging.

The current Democrat President would probably lend military support to Castro. (Raul Castro, that is.  ;) )

And bow to him.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2014, 09:48:21 AM »
Kind of depends on how "traditional" you want to go. My "new" boat is a 1976 model. Sure you can make band-aid fixes pretty easy but to do it right takes a little more tech. Most stuff is pretty generic though which is a good thing when the company that built the boat has been out of business for a couple of decades or so.

I was thinking a wood/canvas gaff rig with deadeyes  =D

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2014, 09:59:03 AM »
LOL So my buddy does auctions. Buys tax properties and resells them. 
So there is an island up for grabs tomorrow.  Only accessible by boat.  Probably not worth much except as a rec property.  We'll be going to launch my boat in a few hours and head over and check it out.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2014, 09:59:12 AM »
Colorfornia  =(

Two nukes and a big border fence/wall with Mexico could have California turned around within a month.
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2014, 10:21:57 AM »
LOL So my buddy does auctions. Buys tax properties and resells them. 
So there is an island up for grabs tomorrow.  Only accessible by boat.  Probably not worth much except as a rec property.  We'll be going to launch my boat in a few hours and head over and check it out.

Used to be some private dredge spoil islands down in Laguna Madre.