Author Topic: Better healthcare in Mexico?  (Read 905 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Better healthcare in Mexico?
« on: May 05, 2014, 12:13:29 PM »
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/many-u-s-latinos-find-better-health-care-mexico/

I thought this was a fascinating article.  Cheaper visits for primary care, 30 minute appointments and lots of warm fuzzies.  Apparently, it is amazing what you can do when you don't have to meet your healthplan productivity targets and document all the little electronic medical records checkboxes for Meaningful Use and Patient-Centered Medical Home payment criteria.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

birdman

• friend
Re: Better healthcare in Mexico?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/many-u-s-latinos-find-better-health-care-mexico/

I thought this was a fascinating article.  Cheaper visits for primary care, 30 minute appointments and lots of warm fuzzies.  Apparently, it is amazing what you can do when you don't have to meet your healthplan productivity targets and document all the little electronic medical records checkboxes for Meaningful Use and Patient-Centered Medical Home payment criteria.

The father of a friend of mine is a high class plastic surgeon, who has his practice in Mexico, but lives in SD.  US quality, but better profit margins due to reduced cost.  Apparently, its not that uncommon in places like SD that are close to the border and have a good income base.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
The father of a friend of mine is a high class plastic surgeon, who has his practice in Mexico, but lives in SD.  US quality, but better profit margins due to reduced cost.  Apparently, its not that uncommon in places like SD that are close to the border and have a good income base.

In the first sentence I read that as South Dakota. That'd be a hell of a commute...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 02:01:07 PM »
In the first sentence I read that as South Dakota. That'd be a hell of a commute...

Yeah, me too  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 08:12:04 AM »

That was my thought, too.

If not South Dakota, what does "SD" stand for?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 08:22:53 AM »

San Diego would be my guess.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »
San Diego would be my guess.

Isn't that already in Mexico?   :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 10:06:10 AM »
Isn't that already in Mexico?   :P

Aztlan, anyway. 6 of one...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 10:22:38 AM »
Aztlan, anyway. 6 of one...

San Diego seemed to me like a "Firefly" sort of place, where the Mexicans and the Chinese were the surviving dominant cultures  =|

birdman

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 04:59:48 PM »

San Diego