Author Topic: Concealed Carry goes to Guam  (Read 1060 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Concealed Carry goes to Guam
« on: May 12, 2014, 07:29:35 AM »
http://www.guampdn.com/article/20140510/NEWS01/305100009/Legislature-OKs-concealed-firearms

Guam being part of the 9th circuit, the legislature has overwhelmingly voted to change it's concealed carry statutes to "shall issue."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Concealed Carry goes to Guam
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 07:50:34 AM »
Isn't that going to make it tip over?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:47:26 AM »
I never did find a gun store when I was in Guam, but I did drive down a dirt road in Chamorro redneck central to check out the local range. Well used, but apparently they cancelled range clean-up day sometime around when the Japs showed up and never re-scheduled. I really identified with the island, tropical rednecks, was like where I grew up with palm trees thrown in.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 09:07:46 AM »
I have a number of friends that worked at the Christian school in guam, they all liked the island.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 10:09:25 AM »
A former girlfriend of mine used to work in the testing lab for the Puget Sound Blood Center.  They had the contract to test and process all the blood donations from Guam.  The collection bags would be flown into Seattle at 0 dark 30, tested and flown back to Guam later that same day.  She told me that if I ever went to Guam, be very careful who you have sex with, since various forms of hepatitis were just rampant on the island, and would show up in the blood supply.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

bscl

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:18:13 PM »
I never did find a gun store when I was in Guam, but I did drive down a dirt road in Chamorro redneck central to check out the local range. Well used, but apparently they cancelled range clean-up day sometime around when the Japs showed up and never re-scheduled. I really identified with the island, tropical rednecks, was like where I grew up with palm trees thrown in.

There is a place in Hagatna called "F.L. Moylan Company Gun, Ammo & Knives."  It shares a little brick building painted blue and magenta with another business "Moylan Party World."  I've never made the effort to check the place out when I was there, but it sounded like a great combo  =D.

(third photo from the top, not my photo, nor my blog)
http://nekotomeoto.blogspot.com/2011/08/guam-buildings-and-curiosities-part-2.html
Life Member NRA, SAF