Author Topic: 'I am only stripping to pay for school'  (Read 3433 times)

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be infringed.
Re: 'I am only stripping to pay for school'
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »
Met lots of young ladies (and a few guys) that were working their way through U Colorado by working at The Bus Stop in Boulder.  

<snip>

Yes, $x,000.00 nights were supposedly not all that rare.  And it was in undeclarable cash. :O

Do the male members of APS* know that most strip joints not only serve a good/great lunch but the price is often in the $10 range (if you stick to soda and do not tip the girls that do not serve you)?  "But honey, I'm spending less for lunch ther than if I went to <chain restaurant>."

Funny  you should mention the Bustop.  In the early 80s between real jobs I was the overnight cab driver for the Boulder Cab Company and I used to get sent up there to pick up the girls after their shifts and take them home.  They were usually time calls:  "Thirty-eight, pick up Cindy at 4871 Broadway at 3 o'clock."  (AM, of course.)

I usually got there early and hung around until "Cindy" or whoever was ready to leave and also got a chance to chat with the bouncer(s) at the door.   They gave me a bunch of get-in-for-free-no-cover cards to hand to other passengers who were looking for a little entertainment.

"Entertainment," not "Action."

I still have a bunch of those cards around somewhere in my memorabilia stash.  For "Action," I had other places to bring customers... and I've previously mentioned I kept a couple of half-pint bottles of various refreshments and a couple of packs of various brands of cigarettes for those who were looking for goodies after hours.  

In my overnight bag.

As well as my own lunch.

In chit-chat with some of the girls on the way home, I found they were pretty bright normal (and yes, pretty, too) kids, many of them going to school.  (Some of them didn't want to talk at all --too tired, I guess.)  And they usually tipped pretty good.

Tell you what, I had lived in Boulder for about 20 years before I "got" to be a cab driver, and I thought I knew the town pretty well. But... I tell  you what... Boulder was a completely different town after hours.  I learned a lot, fer shore.

Never ate at the place, though, even though I was offered a sandwich or cup of coffee a couple of times while waiting for the girls.

At the time, it was more like $500 a night, plus.  Nowadays it's probably closer to the $X,000.00 vaskidmark mentioned.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:27:02 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.