Author Topic: Leupold Illuminated Riflescope?  (Read 580 times)

HankB

• friend
Leupold Illuminated Riflescope?
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »
I like Leupold 'scopes - I have several, along with binos and a rangefinder - but now I'm looking for a higher mag variable "tactical" scope.

I see some of Leupold's Mk IV scopes have integrated reticle illumination, and I'd like to know if anyone here has experience with these?

The reason I'm asking is that apparently the illuminator doesn't carry a full lifetime warranty the way the optics do - so I'm wondering if there are any "issues" that have developed in the field?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Leupold Illuminated Riflescope?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »
Just curious, what are you looking to mount it to?

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 09:07:09 AM »
Jamis, I have a match-grade M1A that was actually built for me by a National Guard rifle team armorer; receiver is SA and it's glass bedded into a heavy stock, but the barrel is Douglas and the other parts are USGI.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »
Ok got ya.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 03:44:53 PM »
Personally I have not heard of any issues other than the illuminated reticle units eat batteries, and that seems to apply to most any brand or model of illuminated reticle.

Leupold has excellent CS, so I'm sure that even though the illumination unit doesn't carry a lifetime warranty they'd probably work with you on it. Might want to get Monkeyleg to weigh in on this.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!