Author Topic: Mexican military helicopter crosses border, fires on Border Patrol agents  (Read 3219 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://www.kvoa.com/news/mexican-military-chopper-crosses-the-border-shoots-at-agents/

But, you know, the Mexicans apologized after so it's all good.

Maybe we should be giving MANPADS to our BP agents instead of jihadis in Syria and Iraq?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

dogmush

• friend

Wars have begun that way, Mr Ambassador.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
I'm waiting for the veiled accusations that it's a racist smear campaign that didn't happen because there is no cell phone video of it, posed in classic 9/11 troofer "I'm just asking questions" style.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Noting the time (2400-0600) and location of the incursion, I wonder how visible is the border at the time and location.  Is it well-lit and visible from the air as something you can distinguish as the border?  I know from watching news footage that some areas of the southern border look like the Berlin Wall, while other parts are an unlit dirt road with a fence.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
What would Israel do?

(I assume an immediate-but-limited air strike in Mexico, to destroy at least one very expensive 'copter.)
"It's good, though..."

SADShooter

• friend
With the minimal detail provided, I'm curious if this is the standard Mexican ROE, firing without challenge, target illumination or ID? I'm also imagining the reactions if the roles were reversed.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Millcreek, that is why God made GPS.  They should have been well aware of where they were.
Of course, it is the Mexican Air Force, or Federales, or whatever.  Maybe their helicopter wasn't all that well equipped.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zxcvbob

• friend
Or they were providing cover for a nearby drug smuggler.
"It's good, though..."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Millcreek, that is why God made GPS.  They should have been well aware of where they were.
Of course, it is the Mexican Air Force, or Federales, or whatever.  Maybe their helicopter wasn't all that well equipped.
Or they just didn't give a flying fluff
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

dogmush

• friend
Noting the time (2400-0600) and location of the incursion, I wonder how visible is the border at the time and location.  Is it well-lit and visible from the air as something you can distinguish as the border?  I know from watching news footage that some areas of the southern border look like the Berlin Wall, while other parts are an unlit dirt road with a fence.

It is all but invisible.  So what?  That's why you have to be sure of where you are when you wear a uniform and carry a gun.  I spent much of the last year tooling around the Persian Gulf.  The Border there doesn't exist.  It's all water.  I can guarantee that Iran would not take that excuse if I crossed into their waters and popped off a few rounds.  Similarly I've taken a military vessel into Guantanamo.  Do you think Cuba would care that navigation was hard if I popped a couple rounds off at their patrol boats?

Now should we start a shooting war the first time a neighbor mistakenly invades? No. Probably not.  But I'd like to see some force concessions that are steep enough the Mexican Fed.Gov makes sure their pilots can read a GPS.  If we start to see a pattern of careless incursions, some more lethal border protection would be warranted.

As we found out with U2's crossing borders is, or should be, dangerous.  That encourages the crossers to be thoughtful about it.

Lastly, whatever we decide to do about illegal immigration and drug smuggling, we should publically end the farce that the Mexican government is our ally in either.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Or they just didn't give a flying fluff

Entirely possible.  They might have even been doing someone a favor.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?

The area this occured has a number of highly visible landmarks (well lit border station and large peak), there was perfect visibility, and they obviously have GPS.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
You know, I completely forgot about GPS.  I was thinking about a former neighbor of mine who retired as a Chief Warrant after flying UH-1 and OH-58 copters for years.  He had some great stories about flying around at night trying to figure out where the hell he was.  He always said that for him, IFR meant 'I follow roads', and that is why he loved flying in Germany following the Autobahn.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Lastly, whatever we decide to do about illegal immigration and drug smuggling, we should publically end the farce that the Mexican government is our ally in either.

Exactly.  And given how many third world revolutionaries have firepower capable of taking down a helicopter, I don't think arming our border patrol similarly is too extreme.  At least get them up the the level of the typical urban police department.

Waiting for them to try something like that with one of Texas' "shallow water interceptor" boats.  Should be interesting to see how many M240s it takes to down a Mexican military chopper.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
I'm waiting for the veiled accusations that it's a racist smear campaign that didn't happen because there is no cell phone video of it, posed in classic 9/11 troofer "I'm just asking questions" style.

I Question the Timing!
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
HAs Holder's DOJ began prosecution persecution of the BP agents yet?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
Or they were providing cover for a nearby drug smuggler.

DING!

I think we have a winner!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
What about militarizing the border?

Require House/Senate re approval every year so the people still can tell the .mil to stand down.

It does look more and more like a slow speed invasion every day.

I want Mexican military drug runners to understand what it is like to be on the other end of overwhelming force.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Chuck Dye

• friend
I think it would be nice to read of immediate and effective return fire, but...

News 'copters will have to have large lighted signs to avoid being fired on...

Mexicans will quickly adopt such signs as camouflage...

and the arms race will be on.

Shall we now consider the real and imaginary possibilities of conquest and 31 new states? =D
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

zxcvbob

• friend
I think it would be nice to read of immediate and effective return fire, but...

News 'copters will have to have large lighted signs to avoid being fired on...

Mexicans will quickly adopt such signs as camouflage...

and the arms race will be on.

Shall we now consider the real and imaginary possibilities of conquest and 31 new states? =D

Immediate would be nice (especially cuz it happens on our side of the border that way) but not necessary.  Don't we have assorted rangers and CIA soldiers (don't know what they are called) that could covertly blow up a helicopter base?  We even get plausible deniability that way.  Or just send a fighter in and do it boldly and spectacularly.

The whole world thinks we're pussies.
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Shall we now consider the real and imaginary possibilities of conquest and 31 new states?

Let's see, Mexico's population is somewhere around 113 million.
Approx 45%+ of Mexican population lives in poverty.
What would be the predicted effect of adding 53 or so million+ to US welfare rolls over night?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Blakenzy

• friend
Early this morning, a Mexican law enforcement helicopter crossed approximately 100 yards north into Arizona nearly 8 miles southwest of the Village of San Miguel on the Tohono O'odham Indian Nation while on a drug interdiction operation near the border. Two shots were fired from the helicopter but no injuries or damage to US property were reported. The incident is currently under investigation.

*yawn*
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Chuck Dye

• friend
What would be the predicted effect of adding 53 or so million+ to US welfare rolls over night?

Valid objections, especially for the short run, though the Germans seem to be managing reintegration well enough.  A common language and rather different economic and crime scenes no doubt make the German situation very different, but the failure to control immigration may well be the flame slowly warming the frog's pot.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Hawkmoon

• friend

What percentage of Mexico's population lives in the United States ... illegally?

You know how pervasive it is? I'm sure most of you know that you can send money pretty much anywhere in the world by Western Union. My supermarket does it at the courtesy desk, and I have used the service to send money to Europe.

For Mexico, there's a different, dedicated form -- "Dinero en Minutos" (money in minutes). They have so many Mexicans sucking money out of our economy and sending it south of the border that they created a separate process and form just to cater to them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
What percentage of Mexico's population lives in the United States ... illegally?

You know how pervasive it is? I'm sure most of you know that you can send money pretty much anywhere in the world by Western Union. My supermarket does it at the courtesy desk, and I have used the service to send money to Europe.

For Mexico, there's a different, dedicated form -- "Dinero en Minutos" (money in minutes). They have so many Mexicans sucking money out of our economy and sending it south of the border that they created a separate process and form just to cater to them.
10pct or more.

We are their welfare system and medical system fir the poor.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton