Author Topic: Scotus puts finger in union eye  (Read 970 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Scotus puts finger in union eye
« on: July 01, 2014, 05:04:09 AM »
Amidst the shriek an wail about the Hobby Lobby case the other ruling against the unions deserves some interest.  I wonder if they have to refund the illegally obtained funds
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Scotus puts finger in union eye
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:16:18 AM »
I'm not sure I understand this decision.  I heard that SCOTUS said unions can't collect union dues from people who are home and taking care of aged parents/family.
 ???
Huh?  I mean, said person isn't even being paid, nor is actually "employed" (ie., at a job, with contract, being paid agreed-upon salary, and so forth) and I don't see how unions expect to collect dues from such a person.
Any union dweeb showing up at my door should I be taking care of infirm family member will be looking down the barrel of one of my firearms.

Something is wrong with the above -- certainly I missed part of the explanation or the news readers have been doing a half-arsed job of 'splainin'. 
What gives?   Where'd I go agly? ??? [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »
I'm not sure I understand this decision.  I heard that SCOTUS said unions can't collect union dues from people who are home and taking care of aged parents/family.
 ???
Huh?  I mean, said person isn't even being paid, nor is actually "employed" (ie., at a job, with contract, being paid agreed-upon salary, and so forth) and I don't see how unions expect to collect dues from such a person.
Any union dweeb showing up at my door should I be taking care of infirm family member will be looking down the barrel of one of my firearms.

Something is wrong with the above -- certainly I missed part of the explanation or the news readers have been doing a half-arsed job of 'splainin'.  
What gives?   Where'd I go agly? ??? [tinfoil]

The governor had issued an executive order declaring people who accept government funds to help take care of a disabled family member in-home to be state employees, thus the ensuing union requirement.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 10:23:45 AM »
The governor had issued an executive order declaring people who accept government funds to help take care of a disabled family member in-home to be state employees, thus the ensuing union requirement.

Aaa haa!  That's it.   Thanks Marnoot.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 12:06:36 PM »
To me, it was a classic case of arrogant union thugs overreaching and making more enemies out of people who otherwise might support them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 12:32:48 PM »
Yea the unions collected millions from mom's and dad's taking care of kids who were disabled. Classy
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I