Author Topic: Golden Saber ammo test  (Read 604 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Golden Saber ammo test
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:22:48 PM »
http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2014/07/remingtons-new-golden-saber-45-auto-230.html

Interesting idea, testing three different vintages of Golden Saber ammo.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Golden Saber ammo test
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 11:02:03 PM »
Interesting.  I wasn't expecting that result.  I would be curious to see similar tests with Hornady and Gold Dot.  I don't think I have seen those tested independently. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 10:05:25 AM »
Interesting - the bullets essentially performed like hardball.

One thing I always thought about - the way the "petals" on the bullets are formed, with a sort of twisting overlap. I wonder if the direction of rifling twist would have any effect on expansion?  ???
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 10:23:01 AM »
 ???  He talks about a "vertical tasting," but then he tests three different loadings. He says they're all the same, but then tells us how they're all slightly different (different OAL, different cavities, etc). So why does he think they're the same?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife