Author Topic: BREAKING - Rolling Stone Identifies the Five Most Dangerous Guns in America  (Read 3137 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Wait, you mean Rolling Stone is still in existence and people potentially read it?

Wow

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

grampster

• friend
Don't read any of those links.  The Stupid might be contagious. [barf]

Let me tell you what the 5 most dangerous guns are so you don't have to wade through those links full of dreck.

These are actually the 5 most dangerous according to the article.  I kid you not.
1. Pistols
2. Revolvers
3. Rifles  3.B-she mentioned smooth bore black powder rifles, but not specifically one of the 5
4. Shotguns
5. Derringers
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
grampster, don't be so hard on Rolling Stone. While I was at the link, I found another of their articles, much more intelligent, with the five most dangerous things in the ocean:

1) Sharks
2) Sharks
3) Sharks
4) Sharks
5) Glocks
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Do I need to worry about sharks with Glocks?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
I figured they would have at least added "assault weapons" to the list.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
Can we stock them in the Rio Grande?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Quote from: national review online
There are no words.

Quote from: first comment in Rollin' Stoned
Good to see Rolling Stoned contributes to society by hiring people with special needs. Time for them to replace a drool-soaked keyboard.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.

Only if they have laser beams on their heads.
jeff w

I like onions!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
My best friend is a subscriber. I've never understood the appeal. As Frank Zappa described it: "Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read."

I don't remember when those writers became firearms experts. Judging from the article, it must have been about 5 am this morning.

Blakenzy

• friend
I figured they would have at least added "assault weapons" to the list.

That was a major disappointment for me...
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 09:44:46 PM »
You were expecting something enlightening?....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wmenorr67

• friend
I buy it for the pictures. [popcorn]
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

brimic

• friends
They forgot:

6. Bazookas
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
They forgot:

6. Bazookas

And guns in cops hands  :lol:
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
On semi-automatic pistols:
Popular among handgun-owners, pistols are defined by their built-in barrel and short stock.

On rifles:
Rifles were created to improve the accuracy of smoothbore muskets, for which the musket ball was often an bad fit due to manufacturing complications.

On shotguns:
Additionally, the explosive that creates the energy to fire the gun occurs in the fixed shell of a shotgun rather than the metallic cartridge of a rifle.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:36:54 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
I actually read the article this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

T.O.M.

• friend
I opened the link expecting the standard anti-gun crap, but this took it to a whole new level. It was like reading a report by a 3rd grader.  Jut wow.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
I actually read the article this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Before I look, let me guess.  Head exploding, from the Scanners movie.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

mtnbkr

• friend
Nope, but that's what I expected as well.

Chris

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

I was expecting Billy Madison. I was not disappointed.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
Pulling the trigger of a rifle fires one projectile at the intended target, as opposed to the shotgun's ability to spray.
???

Obviously someone did there research. :facepalm:

We do know, however, that assault weapons — loosely categorized as semi-automatic, rapid-fire weapons designed for combat use — are used in a small minority of homicides and other gun crimes.

Give them credit for actually saying something correctly and we could say that even Rolling Stone agrees that "assault" weapons aren't bad.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Blakenzy

• friend
Despite all the potential factual errors, I would love to read a gun article written by this character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SXq1yFrqsI
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

griz

• friend
Thank you Grampster, for saving me from an unneeded eye roll.  In the spirit of community service, I have written a list of the top three most dangerous vehicles on the road:

1. Cars.  They are boxes with four wheels.  Note, the steering WHEEL doesn't count as a wheel.  It's a loophole the car lobby uses to get around insurance regulations.

2. Trucks.  These are bigger than cars but still boxy.  They have more than four wheels.

3. Everything else.  These vehicles are less boxy and have less than four wheels.  Sometimes they go fast.

Hope that helps.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
Most dangerous vehicles on the road:

1.  cars
2.  SUV's
3.  Trucks
4.  Motorcycles
5.  Vehicles with more than 1 wheel.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge